Sponsored

What fuses to tap for dash cam with parking mode?

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Hey Folks,

I'm heading into the fusebox to tap an ACC and Always On fuse for my dash cam. I have a few fuses mapped out as candidates but I thought I would see if anyone has already done it and has a suggestion... And yes I could go the whole rear view mirror or visor power method but I already have a hole through the firewall for the Z Automotive Front Facing Cam so I thought I would take advantage of that before I seal it up and do things right.
Jeep Gladiator What fuses to tap for dash cam with parking mode? IMG_20200909_163215-1
Jeep Gladiator What fuses to tap for dash cam with parking mode? IMG_20200909_163207-1
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the factory installed Aux switches? If so, there's a hot wire under the dash on the passenger side that can be used.

OP
OP
Logan94605

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Do you have the factory installed Aux switches? If so, there's a hot wire under the dash on the passenger side that can be used.
Hey Mr._Bill
I don't have the AUX switches... It was one of the things I was willing to do without to get the color and model when I wanted it. I've got my front cam piggybacked to the lighter so I can't switch that to always on either.

It's funny how nobody really wants to go into the fusebox... Maybe I will find out why..haha

Right now I'm looking at F91 the horn as an always on and F52 the cigarette lighter as a switched load.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mr._Bill
I don't have the AUX switches... It was one of the things I was willing to do without to get the color and model when I wanted it. I've got my front cam piggybacked to the lighter so I can't switch that to always on either.

It's funny how nobody really wants to go into the fusebox... Maybe I will find out why..haha
I have the AUX switches, so no need to search the fuse box for a connection point. There should be several circuits in there that are always on that you can tap into.

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
anyway to place wireless camera in the trailer and monitor through the screen on the radio how the paint is riding she came out of a kill pin and get so worked up thinking im take her back she really gets worked up. i have a wireless camera in the trailer and used a monitor that sit on the dash of the F250 .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Logan94605

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
anyway to place wireless camera in the trailer and monitor through the screen on the radio how the paint is riding she came out of a kill pin and get so worked up thinking im take her back she really gets worked up. i have a wireless camera in the trailer and used a monitor that sit on the dash of the F250 .
Haha...Sounds like a baby cam setup!

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
oh no babies this is what they thought of the gladiator when my team leader first saw the gladiator . They were sick of pull out the f250 when we get stuck on the beach. They are a pair of wranglers towing up front

Attachments

Last edited:

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm brand new to the Gladiator - haven't even picked mine up yet - but I saw the following thread the other day and tagged it... if I am reading it correctly, even if you don't have the AUX switches (which mine won't) the wires are still in the cab. Take a look and hope this helps...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ation-in-my-jeep-gladiator.27639/#post-446321
The wire bundle referred to in that post is the AUX switch wires. That wire bundle, with the two hot wires, is only there if the AUX switches are factory installed.

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
The wire bundle referred to in that post is the AUX switch wires. That wire bundle, with the two hot wires, is only there if the AUX switches are factory installed.
Oooops... Thanks for the correction!!

Sponsored

aegiscpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hey Mr._Bill

Right now I'm looking at F91 the horn as an always on and F52 the cigarette lighter as a switched load.
Been a while since you posted in this thread, did you end up using F91 and F52? I am about to purchase a dashcam and was looking at those two fuses as an option also. Thanks.

OP
OP
Logan94605

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Been a while since you posted in this thread, did you end up using F91 and F52? I am about to purchase a dashcam and was looking at those two fuses as an option also. Thanks.
Busted! I need to have a service issue looked at and thought I would wait on it until that's over. Sorry I don't have the answer.

ad78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I hardwired my dashcam and used the F52- cigar ltr. That 20amp and i added 5amp for the dashcam
Sponsored