First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
The fronts are the ones that make a big difference.
Someone told me that sure sign of a Mall Crawler was mud flaps. Just saying ;)
Sponsored

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator "Gobi Wan Kenobi"
Occupation
......................Sacrificial Peon
A decent audio system that shakes your body. No don't say the 300w Alpine system that's weaker then one of grandmas sharts. At least 500w with some substance.

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The 10 speaker Alpine in my 2017 ram 3500 will literally shake the back of the driver seat it thumps so hard. The 7 speaker Alpine in the JT honestly just leaves me wanting a little more.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
A decent audio system that shakes your body. No don't say the 300w Alpine system that's weaker then one of grandmas sharts. At least 500w with some substance.
I have the upgraded stereo system mine, it has a subwoofer and a 522 watt amp. It shakes your body. Not sure which system you have. But the upgraded system rocks!

Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I feel pretty good about the way I had mine built. I think the only thing I wish Jeep would do is make the back window not part of the hardtop and instead make it part of the back frame and Make it roll up and down. Maybe half doors as well, but I can buy those so.

Wolperdrinker

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 VW GTI, Gladiator Rubicon in my dreams
Thanks to Covid, I recently purchased a Jeep Gladiator for nearly 10k off MSRP. To begin with, I LOVE the truck. What an upgrade from the two door JK I had previously.
How'd you get such a good deal? How'd COVID play into it?

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Cause because of COVID people lost there incomes and sales plummeted meaning banks and dealers have been handing out deals that are normally unheard of. Makes you realize how cheap places can actually sell stuff and still make a profit.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Cause because of COVID people lost there incomes and sales plummeted meaning banks and dealers have been handing out deals that are normally unheard of. Makes you realize how cheap places can actually sell stuff and still make a profit.
I got mine in February 2 weeks before COVID... :facepalm:

OP
OP
danieljustyn

danieljustyn

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sticker was $45,xxx. After taxes/fees I ended up paying a little over $38,xxx. Not only was there the employee/family discount from Jeep, the dealer had a few thousand off the top as well.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Well that sucks, they don't really tell you the negatives, although since it's not being recorded and it's only on an 8.4" screen, the difference between 780 and 1080 probably doesn't amount to much, but the adding pins and potentially damaging connectors or worse does give me concern.

Thanks for the info!
It’s pretty good. Install isn’t terribly difficult. Pm if you have questions if you decide to go the Tazer /camera route.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m going to throw in one here.
Maybe the aftermarket is listening?

The soft top will only go into the sun rider position sticking way up in the air. Impossible to put in my garage and looks pretty dorky. Looking at my son’s JL soft top that folds from the sun rider position all the way down the back of the rollbar, it looks like the Gladiator top would do the same if it only had tracks like the JL/JLU.

This looks like such a great thing for the aftermarket to come up with. How hard could it be?

Or Jeep! ? This would be popular!

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Frankly, it almost appears that Jeep is embarrassed about the current soft top.

Try to find photos on the website of it retracted into the up and dorky position.

Try to find one at an auto show that is not completely removed and hidden outback. Maybe under a camouflage tarp with tight security. ; )

Even the Build-and-Price only shows it up or completely removed.

These things are rather telling to me.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to throw in one here.
Maybe the aftermarket is listening?

The soft top will only go into the sun rider position sticking way up in the air. Impossible to put in my garage and looks pretty dorky. Looking at my son’s JL soft top that folds from the sun rider position all the way down the back of the rollbar, it looks like the Gladiator top would do the same if it only had tracks like the JL/JLU.

This looks like such a great thing for the aftermarket to come up with. How hard could it be?

Or Jeep! ? This would be popular!
Jeep and Bestop purposely designed it this way so the Gladiator bed is accessible with the top open. I guess if enough people demand it the aftermarket will come up with another solution. I can’t see it from the drivers seat so I don’t worry about it looking dorky, man bun, etc. I was originally holding out for an aftermarket solution but quickly broke down and bought one as soon as it got warm in the spring since I’ve always had soft top Jeeps. I agree on fitting in the garage. That is a pain

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I would say wait until SEMA 2021 and I bet your wishes will be answered :)
Sponsored