Sponsored

What is a fair price to sell the stock tires and rims for?

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
My Ecodiesel Rubicon is on order and then it gets shipped to get the 37 inch tire package and other modifications installed. I ordered mud tires with the factory Rubicon order because I thought they would sell easier then the all terrain tires.

When I get these 5 tires and rims I want to move them fast... One and done place the add, buyers see it a good deal and sold... I'm not looking to recover every penny just want to cover some cost. I don't want people calling me and haggling over 50 to a hundred bucks.

What would be a very fair price to sell this new stock set of 5 rims and tires for so that they sell quick?

I have not sold or bought used in decades, what's the best medium to use to sell these? Facebook, Craiglist?

Thanks!

tires 141363482_437562430930832_6040099734275571346_n.png
Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
"Fair price" is gonna get you LOTS of opinions. Bottom line is, you're gonna get what you're gonna get, based on what you post them at and what others try and negotiate you down to. I've been watching Craigslist for Gladiator-related items for almost a year now and have seen SEVERAL complete new sets (some 4 tires, some 5, some with and without TPMS sensors, etc.) for between $900-1300. Not saying that's what they're worth or what they sold for, just saying that's what I've seen them posted at. Check your local Craigslist - do a search for "Gladiator" (or more generic tire terms and sizes) to see what others are posting at. I've seen some sets up for MONTHS.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The 18" go for $500-800 and 17" for $400 around here on CL. Don't know about the actual selling price though.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
What they list for and what they sell for is a big difference. The market is littered with the tires and rims that just sit there and don't sell because asking to much. Seems that now folks are asking for a lot more than when I bought my take offs back in June. They were pretty easy to find in the $700-900 dollar range for a set but now seems like asking price is $1200 plus. I bought my set of Rubi Take offs with 5 Rims for $600. I would think if you want to move them quickly put them in the $700-$900 range and they shouldn't last long out on the market.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I sold the wheels and tires (all 5) off my Rubicon LE for $1800 in North Carolina. I, originally, was asking $2000 so I think I actually got more than what most others have based upon posts/threads I've read.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I think in many cases, the buyer has a Sport S and prefers the look of the Rubi wheel. and the convenience of tpms already in them. Otherwise, Discount Tire will sell you a set of new tires with warranty for a price in the same range as I have seen Rubi sets offered for.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Not sure how many people will want or need the steel spare wheel, but even listed for $1000 you'll get a hit and maybe negotiate downwards slightly. Member marketplace is great here, but keep in mind all buyers will be able to see this thread!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will find facebook marketplace littered with Rubi Tires for sale

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I sold my 5 Rubicon take off tires, wheels, and suspension with 15k miles on them for $750

They really only wanted the shocks, but I told them they have to take it all to get any of it.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Found a set of Rubicon wheels and tires, looked pretty new, but no TPMS, so I passed. After adding the TPMS sensors and labor it's not worth it versus buying a new set of custom rims and tires from Quadratec or RR.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found a set of Rubicon wheels and tires, looked pretty new, but no TPMS, so I passed. After adding the TPMS sensors and labor it's not worth it versus buying a new set of custom rims and tires from Quadratec or RR.
I bought mine with no TPMS. I just took the one's from my other tires and used them on the Rubi Take offs. The dealership did the swap at no charge. I sold the other tires without the TPMS

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You got a nice dealer. Don't think any here in socal would be so nice.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I sold my rubicon tires (5) for $600. I would list the set with rims for $1000. Guessing you will get between 700-800 for them. If you really want to dump them fast, list them for $700. I’m sure they will go.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The OP does know that the spare is a steel wheel, right?
It's not a set of 5 matching rims.
I passed on several sets of the M/T tires as I wanted something I could run more universally - I wanted A/Ts. I've seen a whole lot of the M/T tires for sale vs. the A/T so I was willing to pay the asking price for a set of 4 wheels and tires. Prices have likely dropped since I bought because there's been a lot more swapping now than in 2019, more JTs out there, more wheels and tires being swapped, supply and demand. More supply now than then.
Sponsored