Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2021 JL Willys, 2014 MB GL63 AMG
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
55CADE98-01B8-4262-84BD-F26D82807FDC.jpeg

Is this a courtesy light? Have not noticed this before or maybe did not turn on till this morning. It is on all the time. Is there a way to turn this off?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Could be a dealer installed GPS unit - check my posts or thread on what I found in mine.
Doesn't matter if it's lease or not. Mine was special ordered, paid for, and I picked it up the day it was delivered. No lease ever and I paid cash (well, it was really a check, but whatever)
Is there anything connected to or piggy-backed with the OBD port on the left side of your legs up under the edge of the dash? IF it's a GPS unit, they are typically connected in there.

Check out this thread - tons of into. It will tell you what it is or what it is not, anyway -
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/what-the-heck-is-this-mystery-device.33321/

Sponsored

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Seriously, watch your 6!😂

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
It's a remote explosive in the event your truck is stolen. Use your remote to activate and blow up the thief!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armsbearer

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Probably some dealer installed crap you paid for and didnt realize
I did pay for the security to be turned on and extended warranty. Maybe security crap?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I did pay for the security to be turned on and extended warranty. Maybe security crap?
Then it may be part of the security/theft recovery bit if that's what you signed up for. It's likely GPS - DO read that thread I linked to and see if anything there matches what you found.
It won't be part of extended warranty, but is often for theft recovery, or tracking of a stolen vehicle.

OP
OP
Armsbearer

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Could be a dealer installed GPS unit - check my posts or thread on what I found in mine.
Doesn't matter if it's lease or not. Mine was special ordered, paid for, and I picked it up the day it was delivered. No lease ever and I paid cash (well, it was really a check, but whatever)
Is there anything connected to or piggy-backed with the OBD port on the left side of your legs up under the edge of the dash? IF it's a GPS unit, they are typically connected in there.

Check out this thread - tons of into. It will tell you what it is or what it is not, anyway -
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/what-the-heck-is-this-mystery-device.33321/
Thanks, the picture on post #18 is exactly what it is.

OP
OP
Armsbearer

Armsbearer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Then it may be part of the security/theft recovery bit if that's what you signed up for. It's likely GPS - DO read that thread I linked to and see if anything there matches what you found.
It won't be part of extended warranty, but is often for theft recovery, or tracking of a stolen vehicle.
Thanks, what a relief. I was getting paranoid that some NWO agent put it there to track my whereabouts because somebody snitched about my politically incorrect views.
Sponsored