What shocks on Rubicon?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I thought the pic demonstrated sway bar effectiveness when disconnected on same rut and same vehicle.

Meaning four tires on ground when disconnected (ie. works to improve traction).

On stocks as a rock sport with max tow will be wide track and lower geared, but don't think it will have a disconnecting sway bar, so the left ass tire on the sport will go up in the air and won't on any Rubi when Rubi sway sway is disconnected.

I retain my right to have totally misapprehended this entire thread since I am only an expert in plywood poetry. Lol

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
Yea the Rubicon stock fox shocks are a tad different. Not sure what the difference is.
there will probably be quite a few differences.
Stock Sport / overland shocks are a twin tube design. they will be shorter because of the ride height and tuned for the smaller tire.

Rubicon are monotube dampers, so the overall length will be longer (for an internal gas separating piston). The extended length will also be longer for the higher ride height and the valving will be tuned for the the 33 inch tire.

Mopar lift shocks are also monotube but once again will be longer extended length for the lift. I will guess and say that the shocks for the Mopar lift will also have a different tuning then the rubicon shocks. The Mopar lift for my JK states they are tuned with the lift and 35 inch tire combination. they also listed the different 35 inch tires they checked the ride with.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
there will probably be quite a few differences.
Stock Sport / overland shocks are a twin tube design. they will be shorter because of the ride height and tuned for the smaller tire.

Rubicon are monotube dampers, so the overall length will be longer (for an internal gas separating piston). The extended length will also be longer for the higher ride height and the valving will be tuned for the the 33 inch tire.

Mopar lift shocks are also monotube but once again will be longer extended length for the lift. I will guess and say that the shocks for the Mopar lift will also have a different tuning then the rubicon shocks. The Mopar lift for my JK states they are tuned with the lift and 35 inch tire combination. they also listed the different 35 inch tires they checked the ride with.
Yea most commonly they just get added length and the occasional revalve

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I'm really excited to see the Fox shocks in the stock Rubi. My question is, if I get a Rubi, would a spacer lift suffice for a 2.5" lift (to allow for 37s) or should I get more involved with it. I'm looking for lift options that utilize the included Fox shocks and not force me to replace them. Or are there other, better quality, lift kits that will reuse these shocks..

I off road quite a bit in my current JLU sport S. It has a cheap 3.5" Rancho lift with a geometry correction bracket. It does everything I currently want but it doesn't ride nearly as good as the base suspension because of the springs. If I replace everything, I want it to continue to have a comfortable ride and still do all the off roading I want.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm really excited to see the Fox shocks in the stock Rubi. My question is, if I get a Rubi, would a spacer lift suffice for a 2.5" lift (to allow for 37s) or should I get more involved with it. I'm looking for lift options that utilize the included Fox shocks and not force me to replace them. Or are there other, better quality, lift kits that will reuse these shocks..

I off road quite a bit in my current JLU sport S. It has a cheap 3.5" Rancho lift with a geometry correction bracket. It does everything I currently want but it doesn't ride nearly as good as the base suspension because of the springs. If I replace everything, I want it to continue to have a comfortable ride and still do all the off roading I want.

I think there’s a picture of a JT floating around on the web with a Mopar 2” lift running 37’s and it looks great. I would assume that the stock Fox shocks would be usable with a spacer but your dealer will know what’s included in the Mopar package.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think there’s a picture of a JT floating around on the web with a Mopar 2” lift running 37’s and it looks great. I would assume that the stock Fox shocks would be usable with a spacer but your dealer will know what’s included in the Mopar package.
That's from this thread, https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...mopar-lift-beadlock-wheels-and-37-tires.8742/

Can anybody tell from the picture of the shocks, if that's the same as the rubicon jt shocks? I thought the jt rubicon had a red fox shock sticker.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
this would lead me to believe you must change your shocks with the mopar 2" lift.
stock
the Mopar lift comes with new fox shocks that are longer and re-valved for the lift, bigger tires, and different springs.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
the Mopar lift comes with new fox shocks that are longer and re-valved for the lift, bigger tires, and different springs.
It comes with bigger tires? do you have a link to that info?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. He is saying the shock that come with the lift are re-valved for the lift, bigger tires and different springs.
LMAO, duh! Thank you .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)