• Total voters

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I am not looking for this to be any argument thread with members blasting other members for their usage of doors.
This is more for an understanding of when/where/why you do or don't use doors while Jeeping.

I personally factor safety over everything else and can't see removing my doors unless I was on some sort of slow paced trail.
As you might have guessed, I am also in favor of wearing a helmet while on any sort of motorbike. I think you are just risking too much if you don't.
However, I am very libertarian minded, so while I don't agree with your decisions, I fully support your ability to do so and will not make any attempt to persuade you otherwise. This is supposed to be a free country, so we should be able to live freely as we choose.
So how do you jeep...doors on or off?
Sponsored

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
My wife says a jeep is just another car if it doesnt have the top and doors off. We keep at least one jeep naked for rides on nice days. Keep a bikini on another in case it is super hot. Winter / Fall / Early Spring, well, I'm in Missouri so mostly doors and top on then.

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
I almost never have them off. I should more but If I go wheeling its usually a several day trip, and my day to day driving I'm on a lot of construction sites so it would get pretty trashed with sandy mud.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Just took them off (hopefully until next year’s rainy season). With the summer rain and humidity, it can get to be too much for regular commuting. So happy fall is here with cooler temps and lower humidity. That being, said when they’re off, they’re off no matter where we’re going. However, I don’t remove the rear doors because I have a four year old and we feel safer with the doors on with him back there.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Mine have been on 4 times since March, every one of those times I was towing my camper. Doors off and back window of the soft top out the rest of the time through November. The JT honestly sits Mid November through Mid March without much use. If bestop ever comes out with coredoors my factory ones will probably never go back on, personally I hate them.

Sponsored

Samsons Wig

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Doors on October 1 through April 30. Doors off May 1 through September 30. (roughly)

I do put on tube doors to keep the kids and the dog inside the vehicle, and I'll put the doors back on for a long road trip.

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I love having the doors off. Taking them off and acrefully leaning them against the wall is a process though that sometimes life doesn’t give you time for. Especially if you are pulling the hard top off too.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get the visibility aspect of leaving them off when on the trails, but I see what my doors look like when I get off the trails. I am not about to have to clean that out of my truck.
I made this mistake the first time I took it on a trail. In fact, didn’t even have the doors off, just windows down and top off. It was only dust, but now when I’m on the trails, doors on/top closed/windows up.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love having the doors off. Taking them off and acrefully leaning them against the wall is a process though that sometimes life doesn’t give you time for. Especially if you are pulling the hard top off too.
That’s what I currently do, but I will say I have it down to a science with removing them. Maybe takes 5 minutes to get the two front doors off. Also this is arriving Friday:
Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? 0024F808-D1C5-4E84-AD48-EED463325507
To your other point, this is our second Jeep and a soft top was a must this time.

Sponsored

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
Lately the mornings have been low 60s, afternoon is high 80s. DOORS OFF ALL DAY!!!!!!

I will leave the doors off with 50 degree mornings and highs in the mid 70s in the afternoon/evening. I can be seen with doors off in December in my area.

My jeep is nekkid (this whole week) in my garage all week bc of the rain, next week it will be sunny....i just drive my POS during the rain and my gladiator is my fair weather vehicle.

Deleted member 43264

With my YJ, doors come off and stay off all summer long only to go back on in the fall/winter. As for my JT, as much as I want to take them off, they'll probably never come off. I don't want to deal with the whole bent pin issue when having to put the doors back on. Now if they can build a pin/connecter that is not so damn delicate and guarantees a successful connection every time with no loss of any of the functions or causes issues, then yes, the JT will join my YJ all doorless in the summer.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I had a garage. Would be so much easier to leave doors off for days on end
In Florida, garages become like basements up North. I can fit my JT in if needed, but I also have this on the way
Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? D8CEE6A0-72A9-443B-AC22-B08C1607D70D
With my YJ, doors come off and stay off all summer long only to go back on in the fall/winter. As for my JT, as much as I want to take them off, they'll probably never come off. I don't want to deal with the whole bent pin issue when having to put the doors back on. Now if they can build a pin/connecter that is not so damn delicate and guarantees a successful connection every time with no loss of any of the functions or causes issues, then yes, the JT will join my YJ all doorless in the summer.
I’ve never had a problem with the pins and I’ve taken my doors off many times. I know there are a lot of complaints around this issue and a lot of discussion on this forum about it, but I wouldn’t let that stop me from removing the doors. I’d wager this is a small issue when compared to all Gladiators.

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
In Florida, garages become like basements up North. I can fit my JT in if needed, but I also have this on the way
Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? D8CEE6A0-72A9-443B-AC22-B08C1607D70D

I’ve never had a problem with the pins and I’ve taken my doors off many times. I know there are a lot of complaints around this issue and a lot of discussion on this forum about it, but I wouldn’t let that stop me from removing the doors. I’d wager this is a small issue when compared to all Gladiators.
I have the mopar cover, but leaving it out like that in the rain makes me nervous
Sponsored