PSA.. DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOORS OFF

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
When folks ask why such an 'impractical' vehicle I tell them it's safer than a motorcycle and more useful than a boat.
And a motorcycle the whole family can ride! So much fun rolling up to school like that today.

When folks ask why such an 'impractical' vehicle I tell them it's safer than a motorcycle and more useful than a boat.
Yep, don't get the impractical arguments on the gladiator. With the towing capacity your safe motorcycle transforms into a super useful truck. Thats how I justified it myself. A toy with a purpose.

Whats funny is some put tube doors on as tho that does anything other than add an object to go thru your rib cage.

I've used the motorcycle analogy many times too. Its fair and accurate. Its a Jeep...they're basically like motos with 4 wheels.
Motorcycle Analogy works well. My favorite though is my buddies that ride bikes confused that I put the windshield down time to time. Im like isn't that what your bike is? They respond like somehow in a truck Im going to be hit with more road debrees than they would.
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I put tube doors on for the piece of mind when I take the kids out. I know it’s not going to help much in a crash, But when making right left Maneuvers at least I know they aren’t going to slide out.
Makes perfect sense there.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
FYI - Any one waiting on a Rain Gear Products JT rain cover, they are back in stock. I just ordered one.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
FYI - Any one waiting on a Rain Gear Products JT rain cover, they are back in stock. I just ordered one.
Many thanks for the heads up! I've been checking every Monday and Thursday for weeks. Guess it's a Tuesday acting like a Monday.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Mine arrived today. Now all I need is my gladiator to arrive.

CaptainRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubican
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Apparently none of you that feel “insecure” with the doors off ride motorcycles? Haha!! Even with the doors off, I’m wrapped with 5000 pounds of steel around me. I feel plenty safe with no doors, but everyone is different. When it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go.
You're so right, would you mind talking to my wife? She's ridden hundreds of miles on the back of my bike, but refuses to ride in the JT without doors. So, I'm ordering tube doors to make her feel "safe".

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I take my doors off. Delrin hinge liners makes it smoother too. I dig my Jpeggz mirrors too.
Sponsored