Sponsored

Doors off, not legal?

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
I run my CJ7 all the time with no doors and a bikini top. Never been stopped or even given a second look. The mirrors however are mounted to the front windshield brackets. Works slick. The new ones should have left it like the old CJ!
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Right, just like the stupid AutoPark feature that FCA is forcing upon everyone. And they've got it buried in the code so deep that even automotive tuners can't figure out how to shut it off.
Say again, "autopark"?... Is that a twist on carpark for nonEuropeans? Or DynoDNA?!? My, my the linguisticals!!!

0321f4ec2a6d46613fdf719fa9fbfd65.jpg

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I run my CJ7 all the time with no doors and a bikini top. Never been stopped or even given a second look. The mirrors however are mounted to the front windshield brackets. Works slick. The new ones should have left it like the old CJ!
Why isn't this being mentioned? Totally tubular?

th (13).jpeg

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Why isn't this being mentioned? Totally tubular?

th (13).jpeg
I actually received an email from Quadratech today claiming it was "Totally Tubular" Door sale!

I was thinking the same thing! Anyone have any experience or advise about tube doors? I really want the factory half doors @FCA @Jeep for the JT but these might do in a pinch and satisfy those not willing to keep "breaking the law!....breaking the law"!

Sponsored

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Trickster said:
Btw in the owners manual, it states not to go highway speeds with the freedom top front two panels removed.

This is news to me. I've had my panels off multiple types and driven around 60mph with no issues. I just put all the windows down and opened the rear sliding window and drove off into the sunset. I too off my hard top today and installed my soft top so I'll be having more fun until I put the hard top back on come Oct/Nov.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Trickster said:
Btw in the owners manual, it states not to go highway speeds with the freedom top front two panels removed.

This is news to me. I've had my panels off multiple types and driven around 60mph with no issues. I just put all the windows down and opened the rear sliding window and drove off into the sunset. I too off my hard top today and installed my soft top so I'll be having more fun until I put the hard top back on come Oct/Nov.
isnt "highway speed" kinda subjective. I-4 is 50mph but the turnpike is 70....I think they have consolidated the highway and speed limit signs on I-95 the way they drive there.
Sponsored