Sponsored

Doors off/doors on

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Ordered those pins yesterday and got them today. The ones I ordered are all the same length, so the top pins stick down quite a bit farther. I also wish they made them in black.

6EFD4D3D-87C0-4FE3-B1A1-007807CC9B5E.jpeg

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Ordered those pins yesterday and got them today. The ones I ordered are all the same length, so the top pins stick down quite a bit farther. I also wish they made them in black.

Jeep Gladiator Doors off/doors on 6EFD4D3D-87C0-4FE3-B1A1-007807CC9B5E
Thanks for the pic. The ones I ordered, one pin was longer than the other... with my JKU it was a pain to put the doors back on because you had to have both top and bottom door bolt lined up at the same time. With the add on and one pin longer than the other you could start with the longer pin at the top and get it started and then line up the shorter pin at the bottom. Maybe I'm missing something. My JTR is new this spring and the weather hasn't been nice enough to take the door off yet. The door pins also haven't arrived yet etiher.... delays because of this Covid thing.....

Sponsored

Darylrey

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JK Sport, 2020 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Occupation
Health Physicist and Radiation Protection Supervisor
I run with mine off and have for over 7 years in the JK.
I do agree with a previous post that there is certainly a ‘what if scenario’ where a collision or a roll could be troublesome, but the door would have to disengage for it to just slide off of the hinges. So probably the least of your worries at that point.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Benny at allmoparparts said they had shipment of in route.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I don't leave the install pins on. I just turn them in a couple threads, install, remove.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Out of curiosity, why do you guys NOT put the hinge pin nuts back on after you re-install your doors?

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Out of curiosity, why do you guys NOT put the hinge pin nuts back on after you re-install your doors?
Time and positioning. The way those bolts are in you need to be very careful to try to get them out. It also adds about 10 minutes to the removal process. My goal is speed since I really can't park my JT inside so I don't want to have to have a 20 minute prep job everytime I go somewhere.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Time and positioning. The way those bolts are in you need to be very careful to try to get them out. It also adds about 10 minutes to the removal process. My goal is speed since I really can't park my JT inside so I don't want to have to have a 20 minute prep job everytime I go somewhere.
I like how much effort you put into avoiding just saying "laziness."

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Until I saw someone in my owners' group on Facebook mention it, I didn't realize people didn't put them back in. I had always put them back in my JKU.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you need to be very careful taking them out?
Sponsored