• Total voters

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I have the mopar cover, but leaving it out like that in the rain makes me nervous
The reason I went with this one is that I can put it on with the soft top on.
Sponsored

rawedge25

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Military
I love having the doors off. Taking them off and acrefully leaning them against the wall is a process though that sometimes life doesn’t give you time for. Especially if you are pulling the hard top off too.
I highly recommend the 4-Door Hanger from Off-Road Concepts.
https://offroadconceptsfl.com/products/copy-of-o-r-c-4-door-hanger-for-2020-jeep-gladiator
Makes changing out my doors a breeze. Plus, it stores my tube doors while the regular ones are on.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
The reason I went with this one is that I can put it on with the soft top on.
you made a good choice, I regret my Mopar cover for that reason. I use it only with the soft top and it fits about 95% of the way. I removed the carpet though almost 18 months ago and haven't seen a reason to put it back though, so a few drops of water doesn't bother me.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
With my YJ, doors come off and stay off all summer long only to go back on in the fall/winter. As for my JT, as much as I want to take them off, they'll probably never come off. I don't want to deal with the whole bent pin issue when having to put the doors back on. Now if they can build a pin/connecter that is not so damn delicate and guarantees a successful connection every time with no loss of any of the functions or causes issues, then yes, the JT will join my YJ all doorless in the summer.
Do you have all the active safety stuff in yours? If not, honestly not much to worry about. I had an issue once where my power mirrors went out (no clue how long they were out for). Simple look in the plug and I was able to bend it back into place.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Ditto, I have had the pins bent but it was easy enough to see right away and bend them back into place.

I am one of the more vocal complainers when it comes to the plugs but I still take my doors off without worrying about it.

Sponsored

rparis74

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
in Oregon we only get about 3 months a year when this would be possible and that won't come around again until May haha.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Before I purchased my first Jeep, I was looking into motorcycles pretty seriously. After deciding having 4x4 in the winter would be more advantageous, and I’d still get an open-air, fun ride in a Jeep I pulled the trigger on a JKU. No doubt a bike is probably more fun to drive, but I haven’t had the itch for a bike since.

I get the top and doors off as often as I can. Actually tend to prefer doors off over top if I only have time for one or the other.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
You should add another option for tube doors or half doors. I have tube doors that can convert to half doors (once I get the door skins for them). That's what I run in the front, and full doors on in the back due to the little one. I run this way whenever the weather permits, because taking the entire hardtop off takes longer than taking the front doors off and putting half doors on. Oftentimes, it's tube doors in front, with front panels removed, and sliding window glass open. If the weather looks clear for 3 or more days (rare around here), I take the whole roof off, and still rock the tube doors. Rarely do I have the top off without tube doors on.

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
You should add another option for tube doors or half doors. I have tube doors that can convert to half doors (once I get the door skins for them). That's what I run in the front, and full doors on in the back due to the little one. I run this way whenever the weather permits, because taking the entire hardtop off takes longer than taking the front doors off and putting half doors on. Oftentimes, it's tube doors in front, with front panels removed, and sliding window glass open. If the weather looks clear for 3 or more days (rare around here), I take the whole roof off, and still rock the tube doors. Rarely do I have the top off without tube doors on.
Added.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Which tube doors do you have that convert?

Sponsored

Deleted member 43264

In Florida, garages become like basements up North. I can fit my JT in if needed, but I also have this on the way
Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? IMG_7054

I’ve never had a problem with the pins and I’ve taken my doors off many times. I know there are a lot of complaints around this issue and a lot of discussion on this forum about it, but I wouldn’t let that stop me from removing the doors. I’d wager this is a small issue when compared to all Gladiators.
Yeah, I've read varying degrees of issues from inop or malfunctioning mirrors, power doors, dome lights, radios not shutting off, one or all of the above.
And I also realize not everyone has had the issues. As for myself, my luck would dictate, I would have those issues. It's the same luck that follows me to the poker and roulette table, the slot machines, the sports book and the horse races.
Again, not to say I don't want to ever take my doors off my Gladiator, just not ready to "gamble" with the issues that may or may not follow right now.
Plus it drives me nuts when my stuff doesn't work right or not at all.

Deleted member 43264

Do you have all the active safety stuff in yours? If not, honestly not much to worry about. I had an issue once where my power mirrors went out (no clue how long they were out for). Simple look in the plug and I was able to bend it back into place.
It's the other issues I'm concerned about. Posts I've read about power locks not working on one or all the doors, radio staying on even after the rig is off, dome light staying on or not turning on at all. Or the posts I've read where someone has to spend time to carefully bend pins back into place after putting their doors back in so rather than a nice quick plug-n-play, it's 15-30 minutes trouble shooting a connector and seeing what pin goes to what function, just another headache I can do without.
Believe me I understand the freedom and fun of going doorless/topless. My YJ has provided me years of that joy and still does but I also realize it is kinda sad to have this awesome Gladiator and not go doorless, though I can still enjoy the topless option.
One of these days though I'll just have to roll that hard six.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I don't know that I'd trust myself to not put the doors in a place where they can be easily damaged or drop them myself. I think I'll end up taking the doors off at least once in its lifetime with me though.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security