• Total voters

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Doors off is a ton of fun, and I love it. Haven't really gotten to do it in a trail, but back roads and country roads are the best. Just aimlessly cruise around. The highway can be a little unnerving, so I keep that to shorter stretches or again, take the scenic route. I think I even enjoy it more than top off sometimes. Absolutely worth a try if you haven't done it. Don't really need a fancy way to store them. Mine stood on a couple of yoga mats with a pool noodle inbetween for about two straight months this summer. Just be careful putting the pins back together, plenty of threads on that...
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
My doors and top just went on as we had snow last night.
They will come off again when the weather swings back to warm.
I took them off in July and pretty much kept them off til now.
Only exceptions is for long (5 hour plus) trips. Being on the other side of the state with no doors or top in a hail storm is not something I'd like to repeat.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I just got this off eBay for $150. Only took a couple days to get here:
2287BAD4-CAA4-43D7-A2A7-A2EC9761352C.jpeg
How are those padded so they don't scratch the paint? I see a little piece of white paper or foam but did you put that there and didn't they come with some kind of padding?

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Everyone should NOT carry.

If you're going to make a pronouncement like that, others certainly can too.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
How are those padded so they don't scratch the paint? I see a little piece of white paper or foam but did you put that there and didn't they come with some kind of padding?
Great question! They did not. So this is my fix until I can buy some foam padding to stick on there.

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Everyone should NOT carry.

If you're going to make a pronouncement like that, others certainly can too.
There's always someone in the crowd that is anti-second amendment...at least now we know who it is. :like:

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There's always someone in the crowd that is anti-second amendment...at least now we know who it is. :like:
I'm NOT anti 2nd Amendment at all. You're assuming that because I said I don't think "everyone" - what you said - should carry.

I think there are many many people that would like to see some reasonable controls placed on types of weapons and ammunition and are DAMNED sick of mass shootings being in the news every damn day of the week, So much so we don't even notice much anymore. And no, I don't agree everyone having a gun would solve that. There are already more guns in the U.S. than there are people.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program about Jeep trucks.

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm NOT anti 2nd Amendment at all. You're assuming that because I said I don't think "everyone" - what you said - should carry.
Your response here is telling us different than you claim.

I think there are many many people that would like to see some reasonable controls placed on types of weapons and ammunition and are DAMNED sick of mass shootings being in the news every damn day of the week, So much so we don't even notice much anymore. And no, I don't agree everyone having a gun would solve that. There are already more guns in the U.S. than there are people.

There is no such thing as reasonable controls when it comes to the Second Amendment.
The majority of mass shootings occur in liberal areas with the strictest gun control. People are literal sitting ducks with no legal means to defend themselves. Gun control creates victims, not a safer society.
The areas where there are least restrictions are the safest.

Since no law ever created has stopped criminals from obtaining firearms, it should be everyone else's responsibility to get armed for self defense.
When seconds count, police are just minutes away!

An armed society is a polite society!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program about Jeep trucks.
Ok then.;)

Sponsored

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Since no law ever created has stopped criminals from obtaining firearms

This says it all. The law is on the books, and yet, they have them. Enforce the laws currently in place-we need no more. In reality, our society may never need another law if the ones written were followed.....

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Your response here is telling us different than you claim.

There is no such thing as reasonable controls when it comes to the Second Amendment.
The majority of mass shootings occur in liberal areas with the strictest gun control. People are literal sitting ducks with no legal means to defend themselves. Gun control creates victims, not a safer society.
The areas where there are least restrictions are the safest.

Since no law ever created has stopped criminals from obtaining firearms, it should be everyone else's responsibility to get armed for self defense.
When seconds count, police are just minutes away!

An armed society is a polite society!

Ok then.;)
I could not possibly disagree with your segments more. Especially the second line.

History ALREADY shows you are wrong as there are essentially NO mass shooting in any of the other major countries and you know it.

I agree in this country people should be allowed to own firearms if they desire but "NO such thing as reasonable controls" - is patently ridiculous. Let's have tanks , bazookas, rocket propelled grenades & heat seeking missiles for sale then, right?

Ok, I'll say no more otherwise the thread will get closed.

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
True this. 6-5 and 280.

247396904_10221222540292557_6933784535914775894_n.jpg

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could not possibly disagree with your segments more. Especially the second line.

History ALREADY shows you are wrong as there are essentially NO mass shooting in any of the other major countries and you know it.

I agree in this country people should be allowed to own firearms if they desire but "NO such thing as reasonable controls" - is patently ridiculous. Let's have tanks , bazookas, rocket propelled grenades & heat seeking missiles for sale then, right?

Ok, I'll say no more otherwise the thread will get closed.
I don't know where you obtain your information, but you are wrong...and if the murders aren't with firearms, it's with knives or some other weapon.
https://concealednation.org/2017/02/report-most-mass-shootings-happen-outside-the-us/

The Second Amendment is in place for a variety of reasons...read the federalist papers to get an idea of what our founders were thinking.
In there, you'll find that they wanted to ensure that no government could ever overpower it's people, just as the British attempted to do to the colonists.
So, yes...no weapon should be off limits to the people in which our own government has and could possibly use against us.

Don't worry about getting the thread closed, as one would think that so long as we are having respectful and peaceful discourse, the thread should remain open.
Sponsored