Sponsored

When will order banks open for Gladiator Diesel?

When will order banks open for JT Ecodiesel?

• Total voters

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
The only number I see on the build sheet is the GVW Rating, which is 6350 for the Sport and Overland and 6450 for the Rubicon. I ordered mine this morning and the dealer thinks we will have a VIN next week. He says that since it is a "sold" order and they are a high volume dealership, mine should be built quicker than some. We will have to see. The only glitch in the system was that when we added the dual top group, it forced him to add a tonneau cover. He tried a couple of times to order it without a tonneau (I want a BAK Revolver) and it would not let him do it, so he threw in the roll up tonneau for free so that we could get the order submitted and said he would take it off if I don't want it.
The dual tops forces a cover because the soft top is shipped in the bed of the truck.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The only number I see on the build sheet is the GVW Rating, which is 6350 for the Sport and Overland and 6450 for the Rubicon. I ordered mine this morning and the dealer thinks we will have a VIN next week. He says that since it is a "sold" order and they are a high volume dealership, mine should be built quicker than some. We will have to see. The only glitch in the system was that when we added the dual top group, it forced him to add a tonneau cover. He tried a couple of times to order it without a tonneau (I want a BAK Revolver) and it would not let him do it, so he threw in the roll up tonneau for free so that we could get the order submitted and said he would take it off if I don't want it.
That's interesting. So the current GVWR is 6,250 maximum on some trims. They're doing 6,350 maximum on the diesel version? That's only accounting for 100 lbs. of the 400 lbs. extra weight of the diesel engine and hardware. Which means that you're going to lose 300 lbs. in payload unless they've got some other magic trick up their sleeve.

A Rubicon with 900 lbs. of total payload capacity would be a nearly useless pickup truck. At that point might as well go Wrangler so you can get UConnect 5 and the Selec-Trac t-case in a Rubicon.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
At that point might as well go Wrangler so you can get UConnect 5 and the Selec-Trac t-case in a Rubicon.
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get the Select-Trac with the EcoDiesel option. From my understanding, it's a weaker transfer case and can't handle the torque of the diesel.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get the Select-Trac with the EcoDiesel option. From my understanding, it's a weaker transfer case and can't handle the torque of the diesel.
Correct. Select tract only available in the gasser.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Correct. Select tract only available in the gasser.
It was the same way back in 2005 when I bought my Jeep Liberty CRD. The Command Trac was the only option for the 2.8L diesel. And the reason was the same, too much torque for the Select-Trac.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
It was the same way back in 2005 when I bought my Jeep Liberty CRD. The Command Trac was the only option for the 2.8L diesel. And the reason was the same, too much torque for the Select-Trac.
I owned a 2006 KJ CRD with select-trac...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I owned a 2006 KJ CRD with select-trac...
Me too. Two of them actually, a Sport and a Limited. Selec-Trac was standard with the diesel.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Me too. Two of them actually, a Sport and a Limited. Selec-Trac was standard with the diesel.
Well, crap. I guess I got it backwards. I thought my 2005 CRD had the Command Trac? Apparently not. I did have a 2007 KJ Limited that had the Selec-Trac.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Feel like we are getting boxed into a corner here..... also NOT available on the Mojave

Sponsored

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So Uc5 is avail on JL but not JT? WTF
I just looked at the 2021 JL order guide and it’s still Uc3 5.0 inch, Uc4 7 inch and Uc4 8.4 inch. Not sure where people are getting the idea that the JL is getting Uc5 next year. FCA did say it would be in all FCA vehicles by 2022.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Feel like we are getting boxed into a corner here..... also NOT available on the Mojave
That was a little disappointing, but the Majave is supposed to be about speed and performance. I bet the EcoDiesel engine was too heavy for the Mojave's current suspension. It's possible the Mojave suspension (spring rate, shocks, etc.) could be tweaked later down the road to accommodate the EcoDiesel engine. But that might be hopeful, too.

It's kind of like people complaining that the Cummins isn't offered in the Power Wagon. Ram said the Cummins was too heavy for the Power Wagon's suspension.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I just looked at the 2021 JL order guide and it’s still Uc3 5.0 inch, Uc4 7 inch and Uc4 8.4 inch. Not sure where people are getting the idea that the JL is getting Uc5 next year. FCA did say it would be in all FCA vehicles by 2022.
Thanks Matt, I was going to look when I got home but that saves the effort

Edit: So Googled for info but not much out there since the Jan news release. Next year at the earliest for JL/JT.

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, I guess UC5 isn't necessarily going to happen.

The following updates apply to the 2021 model year Jeep Wrangler:

Engine
2.0L with eTorque no longer available on Sport, Sport S, Sahara, or Rubicon. It may still be on the Recon--I can't tell--but I think it's reasonable to assume that it has been discontinued entirely since none of the major trims have it.
3.6L with eTorque available across all trim levels.
Revised engine lineup that applies to all standard trims:
6-speed manual - 3.6L non-eTorque V6 standard
8-speed automatic - 2.0L non-eTorque 4-cylinder standard
8-speed automatic - 3.6L eTorque V6 optional
8-speed automatic - 3.0L EcoDiesel optional (except on 2-door models)

Equipment
Full-time Selec-Trac 4WD system now available on Sport models.
Full-time Rock-Trac 4WD system now available on Rubicon.
Forward facing front camera now available on Sahara and Rubicon.
Technology group now standard on Sport S.
Selectable tire fill alert now standard on 7" touch screen.
Off Road Plus mode standard on all Rubicon models.
Sponsored