Sponsored

When will order banks open for Gladiator Diesel?

When will order banks open for JT Ecodiesel?

• Total voters

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Opposite opinion, if I'm going to spend this much money, and what I want should be coming, why settle?
That's exactly how I feel. Every vehicle that we buy from here on out is with the intent to keep it for 15+ years. And to get exactly what we want, we'll order every vehicle from here on out.
Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I will keep my vote = ‘after May 1’

...of 2021 :bandit:
Well, as I've said before, it doesn't matter to me. I'm buying my wife a 2021 Wrangler EcoDiesel, so it will be a few more years before I can buy a Gladiator EcoDiesel. With that said, I think we'll see the 2021 Gladiator EcoDiesel released sometime this fall.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Opposite opinion, if I'm going to spend this much money, and what I want should be coming, why settle?
You have missed out. By the time the diesel arrives you would have known for sure if the diesel is really needed in this size truck, if this proved to be the case just trade it in. Diesel or gas engine the JT in reality is really limited for true truck use. For me the JT is a toy and the third truck in my household, for trailering, hauling ect. i use my F-250 diesel.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
You have missed out. By the time the diesel arrives you would have known for sure if the diesel is really needed in this size truck, if this proved to be the case just trade it in. Diesel or gas engine the JT in reality is really limited for true truck use. For me the JT is a toy and the third truck in my household, for trailering, hauling ect. i use my F-250 diesel.
And you've missed my point. I never said diesel was needed, it's what I want. That's the point of it, needed or not, I will wait to get what I want. That doesn't mean others need to do the same. By all means, follow your own path, but don't tell me mine is any worse.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Why would Jeep be in a rush to push new JTs out the door when they can't sell the ones they already made?
Jeep and the dealers are different companies! Jeep build the JTs and send them to dealers, sometimes even without the dealers even knowing.
Jeep needs to build more vehicles and sell them to dealers to keep their doors open ... standard consumerism model. You can bet your bottom dollar that Jeep will ramp up building vehicles as soon as they can, irrespective of what is sitting on the forecourts!

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Jeep and the dealers are different companies! Jeep build the JTs and send them to dealers, sometimes even without the dealers even knowing.
This is very true. Even when the economy was good, some dealers were upset because FCA was sending them vehicles (certain makes, models, or trim levels) that the dealers were having a hard time selling. Some dealers even complained about their lots and overflow areas being filled with no where to put vehicles. Dealers didn't get a say in the matter. Instead, they had to sell/move whatever they were given.

Ironically, Genera Motors also complained, but for different reasons. GM claimed that Ram was only outselling the Silverado because FCA was undercutting the competition by giving huge discounts. So, in a way, FCA probably feels they are helping the dealers by giving huge incentives.

In the last few years, there seems to be a lot of people on the Cummins forum who switched to Ram for the first time. And while the Cummins and Ram reputation was part of it, another huge factor in their decision was that Ram was $8,000 - $10,000 cheaper than buying a Ford or GM.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Jeep needs to build more vehicles and sell them to dealers to keep their doors open ... standard consumerism model. You can bet your bottom dollar that Jeep will ramp up building vehicles as soon as they can, irrespective of what is sitting on the forecourts!
I just wish Jeep would finish up the customer orders before they build more to push on dealers.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I just wish Jeep would finish up the customer orders before they build more to push on dealers.
In a reasonable fashion, I think they are. Now that plants are open and running at some level of capacity, my truck went from 'D' status 2 weeks to "KZ" status as of a few days ago. There were a few other people ahead of me and behind me who are also in KZ status. So, it looks like FCA made good on their promise, which was to focus on customer orders.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
In a reasonable fashion, I think they are. Now that plants are open and running at some level of capacity, my truck went from 'D' status 2 weeks to "KZ" status as of a few days ago. There were a few other people ahead of me and behind me who are also in KZ status. So, it looks like FCA made good on their promise, which was to focus on customer orders.
What is KZ status?

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
In another thread I asked the question if anyone with inside knowledge could comment on how production is working under the Covid19 protocols, but no response so far.

I have an estimated ship date on my POC, but that was estimated while the plants were shut down. All I want to know now, is production proceeding as expected, slower, faster, etc. So I can either hang on to my anticipation, or just put the whole thing out of mind until I get the call.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
What is KZ status?
In short, it means the truck is built. It could mean any of these Stage 5 codes:

KZ: Released by plant, invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/received
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
In short, it means the truck is built. It could mean any of these Stage 5 codes:

KZ: Released by plant, invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/received
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
And how do you find out detailed status like this? Jeep Chat, or through your dealer?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
In another thread I asked the question if anyone with inside knowledge could comment on how production is working under the Covid19 protocols, but no response so far.

I have an estimated ship date on my POC, but that was estimated while the plants were shut down. All I want to know now, is production proceeding as expected, slower, faster, etc. So I can either hang on to my anticipation, or just put the whole thing out of mind until I get the call.
The plants just reopened two weeks ago. From my understanding, the goal was to be up to 50% of the pre-COVID-19 capacity. Prior to COVID-19, there would sometimes be 3 - 4 worker heads in the vehicle at one time. Due to social distancing, there are fewer people on the assembly line and few people working on the vehicle at any given time.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
And how do you find out detailed status like this? Jeep Chat, or through your dealer?
I have a friend who works for FCA, so that's where I get most of my inside information. But you can call your dealer (who you ordered your vehicle from) and they should be able to tell you the status. If you have your order #, you can also contact FCA directly.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have a friend who works for FCA, so that's where I get most of my inside information. But you can call your dealer (who you ordered your vehicle from) and they should be able to tell you the status. If you have your order #, you can also contact FCA directly.
Dealer unresponsive right now, and Jeep Chat (FCA) just says "all parts are available and production will begin soon".
Sponsored