Sponsored

When will order banks open for Gladiator Diesel?

When will order banks open for JT Ecodiesel?

• Total voters

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Yup, correct. Sorry, I was confused from what he said.
It's possible that your contact had inside information. Jeep might have blown several Selec-Trac transfer cases while undergoing testing, which is why they ultimately said it was more of "a complexity-reducing decision" than a "technical hurdle."
Sponsored

Pwntiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
Occupation
software developer
Is there any update at all? If I were to guess, it would be Q4 to capture holiday sales

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Is there any update at all? If I were to guess, it would be Q4 to capture holiday sales
COVID-19 has changed things in ways that not even Jeep has control over. Right now, Jeep is backlogged and their ability to build product has been significantly cutback. We recently learned that Jeep is accepting orders for the 2021 Wrangler on 7/8/20 and production starts on 8/10/20. The last day to order a 2020 is 6/4/20. If Gladiator is following a similar schedule as the Wrangler, then I don't think we'll see a 2021 Gladiator EcoDiesel until November. I could be wrong, but that's what I would guess.

I know a guy who ordered a 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel at the end of January. His truck is still in "D" status. I ordered my 2020 Ram EcoDiesel on 3/3/2020 and as you can imagine, mine is also in "D" status. At this rate, I don't anticipate my truck getting built until July.

These backlogs, in addition to low capacity, is going to hurt Jeep and Ram for months to come.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
From what i was told today that "if" they continue with JT diesel production, plans look to be a Nov-Dec start date. This would put the trucks at dealers roughly next April. If this is true it`s a shame as i was interested to see how they work out in the JT.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
From what i was told today that "if" they continue with JT diesel production, plans look to be a Nov-Dec start date. This would put the trucks at dealers roughly next April. If this is true it`s a shame as i was interested to see how they work out in the JT.
If a vehicle gets built in November/December, those vehicles will be shipped in December/January. Shipping is not a problem. Production is the problem. The current goal is to be at 50% capacity by the first week of June.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If a vehicle gets built in November/December, those vehicles will be shipped in December/January. Shipping is not a problem. Production is the problem. The current goal is to be at 50% capacity by the first week of June.
A big problem is that dealers have large inventories of JT`s and the main reason according to my dealer is price and according to my dealer a JT diesel will only sit on the lot because for the same price a Ford F-250 diesel can be bought , their plan its to just take orders for the JT diesel and i live in an area where most homes are over seven figures.

So i do not see JT`s in that 50% capacity in June in any shape or form when 60% of all JT`s built are still on dealer lots.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A big problem is that dealers have large inventories of JT`s and the main reason according to my dealer is price and according to my dealer a JT diesel will only sit on the lot because for the same price a Ford F-250 diesel can be bought , their plan its to just take orders for the JT diesel and i live in an area where most homes are over seven figures.

So i do not see JT`s in that 50% capacity in June in any shape or form when 60% of all JT`s built are still on dealer lots.
This is a very good point. The closest dealer to my house has several JTs that have been there for many months. There is one in particular sitting up on a rack in the parking lot that literally has not been moved since last summer. That's nearly 12 months unmoved. At this point they should change the oil and put fresh gas in it before allowing a test drive.

Why would Jeep be in a rush to push new JTs out the door when they can't sell the ones they already made?

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Problem is the ones on the lots are loaded Rubicons when most people don’t want many of the options. Why pay $60k for a vehicle when I could get a Rubicon with the options I want for $10k less and a sport s with my desired options for $20k less. Dealers bit themselves in the ass on that.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
You're dealer is only speculating. I live in the Southwest where Gladiators are selling nearly as fast they come in. And around here, people don't want the low-end Gladiator, they won't the high-optioned Gladiator.

Also, you can't compare a Gladiator EcoDiesel to a Ford-250 Powerstroke. They are completely different vehicles for different audiences and have two different purposes.

Again, some lots might be filled with Gladiators, but that's not factually true across the board. Trust me, FCA will offer big discounts or incentives if they aren't selling Gladiators.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
This is a very good point. The closest dealer to my house has several JTs that have been there for many months. There is one in particular sitting up on a rack in the parking lot that literally has not been moved since last summer. That's nearly 12 months unmoved. At this point they should change the oil and put fresh gas in it before allowing a test drive.

Why would Jeep be in a rush to push new JTs out the door when they can't sell the ones they already made?
I can only speculate. I'm guessing there are some areas with too many dealerships in close proximity, therefore it's a supply/demand issue. In other words, your demand is lower than your supply. The other issue, and maybe combined with the supply/demand issue, is that there are some dealers in lower socioeconomic areas where you don't have the customer base for an expensive lifestyle vehicle.

Granted, I love in a rural area, but I have to drive 100+ miles to my nearest dealership. The dealerships around me are selling the Gladiators nearly as fast as they get them in. The 6 - 8 Gladiators that are on the lot for any period of time are the low-optioned Gladiators that very few people want.

I have to drive 7 hours to the middle of Utah to find a dealer who is willing to discount vehicles for me. The dealerships in my 200 mile radius aren't offering big discounts on vehicles that I want.

I'll give you an example. Longhorn and Limited Ram trucks are sold within a week of arriving on the dealer lots in my area. So, those dealers aren't discounting those trucks much beyond what FCA offers. Without hassle, my dealer in Utah gave me $12,300 off MSRP on a 2020 Longhorn EcoDiesel that I have on order. In addition, they offered 50% off an extended warranty. So, it's literally cheaper for me to order my vehicles than to buy one on the lot, which is better anyway since it's nearly impossible to find that same configuration on the lot.

So, it's also possible that people who have the money are ordering their Gladiators instead of buying something on the lot they don't want.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
There are also a group of people like me, ready to buy, want to buy, but waiting for the options I want, DIESEL. Until diesel is released or confirmed as vaporware my money stays in my pocket.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There are also a group of people like me, ready to buy, want to buy, but waiting for the options I want, DIESEL. Until diesel is released or confirmed as vaporware my money stays in my pocket.
Life is too short. If the diesel JT ever makes it to production i will have over a year of JT ownership and enjoyment.

There is really nothing wrong with the gas motor and to deny yourself ownership of a JT simply because of the motor is silly.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Hang in there. The diesel will be offered in the Gladiator, it's just a matter of getting caught up on orders. The only difference that I can see is that they may stop 2020 production in July and start building the 2021 models. But, that's only to your advantage. I hate buying a new vehicle that are nearly a year old.
Sponsored