Sponsored

Which lift allows the most backspacing??

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Hey all, this is my first lift so excuse my ignorance. I am looking for a 3-4" lift and want to avoid the tires poking out beyond the fenders, or at least minimizing the amount that they poke out. From the companies that I have heard back from they all seem to require moving the wheel out 2.5" from the factory position. I get there are geometry issues with the control arms and clearances and whatnot but I was wondering if any 3-4" lift will allow me to run 37s with close to factory backspacing.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You can run 37" tires on wheels with up to +30 offset as long as your control arms have a "tire clearance bend" in them. Factory arms, and most lift companies' arms, have this. Rock Krawler is one brand in particular which doesn't have this type of bend. Theirs are bent only for ground clearance, causing interference without enough backspacing. MetalCloak lifts also require more backspacing if their front shock brackets are used. Those rotate the lower mount 90 degrees, and put the mounting point outboard of the stock location.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Our lifts do utilize clearance bends, and we typically recommend backspacing anywhere from 4.5 to 4.75 for best results!

OP
OP

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Our lifts do utilize clearance bends, and we typically recommend backspacing anywhere from 4.5 to 4.75 for best results!
Is that to say that 4.75 is the maximum backspacing or can I get away with more without clearance issues?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is that to say that 4.75 is the maximum backspacing or can I get away with more without clearance issues?
4.75 is the max we suggest, but you can get a little more out of it if you don't mind a little bit of rubbing, or if you only plan to do street driving.
Sponsored