Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Architect
Getting ready to lift a 2021 Rubicon. I originally was planning on lifting 3.5" and dropping 37 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. However, it appears 3.5 comes with Teraflex, which I'm not a fan of. Had it on my JKU and never really liked the stiff ride.

Looking for recommendations on the lift.. currently considering AEV 2.5 or an Evo kit (but need help in deciding)

I'm in Colorado and do average off roading.

So, which kit and why?
Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Finishing up my evo kit tomorrow, so far nice components, instructions are terrible. I wrenched in a shop for 5 years and did hundreds of lift/lowering kits. These instructions are shit. I did get a bent rear track bar bracket that they are sending a new one out for.

the sway bar links are cheesy standard ones that will not last long

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
2” Mopar because it was used and cheap, I had planned on a Clayton lift but I figured this would hold me off for a bit while I used the money to upgrade other parts. I am not disappointed in the Mopar lift at all, rides great and gives me the lift that I wanted.
Jeep Gladiator Which lift and why? 0F70DAB2-3F66-456A-861A-B6EF9876E74A
Jeep Gladiator Which lift and why? 7BB067C1-0DBA-411C-B164-8DA38A291F0A

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
2” Mopar because it was used and cheap, I had planned on a Clayton lift but I figured this would hold me off for a bit while I used the money to upgrade other parts. I am not disappointed in the Mopar lift at all, rides great and gives me the lift that I wanted.
0F70DAB2-3F66-456A-861A-B6EF9876E74A.jpeg
7BB067C1-0DBA-411C-B164-8DA38A291F0A.jpeg
Another vote for MOPAR 2" Lift.
Jeep Gladiator Which lift and why? IMG_9627

Jeep Gladiator Which lift and why? IMG_9628

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
I just put the mopar on and it gave me 3”. I think the mopar plus a trackbar and a spacer if you like will get you the height you need and be a decent setup.

Everything else, from fancier shocks, better springs, adjustable arms etc, can all be picked and chosen from to build off later (rock crawling to dune smashing) from the Mopar kit. And while “better” kits are available, you gotta know what you want out of it first, as they introduce a lot of different parts and adjustability that you may not want or need. For example, race suspension is fantastic, but squeaky on the daily ! LOL

The AEV dual sport is the second option I was considering myself, but was a few bucks more, saw people complaining about end links that broke on install, and would rather have the Fox shocks vs the bilstiens.

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I just put the mopar on and it gave me 3”. I think the mopar plus a trackbar and a spacer if you like will get you the height you need and be a decent setup.

Everything else, from fancier shocks, better springs, adjustable arms etc, can all be picked and chosen from to build off later (rock crawling to dune smashing) from the Mopar kit. And while “better” kits are available, you gotta know what you want out of it first, as they introduce a lot of different parts and adjustability that you may not want or need. For example, race suspension is fantastic, but squeaky on the daily ! LOL

The AEV dual sport is the second option I was considering myself, but was a few bucks more, saw people complaining about end links that broke on install, and would rather have the Fox shocks vs the bilstiens.
Agreed

MOPAR 2" (which is more like a 2.5-3") Lift Kit is a good stepping off point. I'm about to add front and rear adjustable track bars and sway bar disconnects.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Getting ready to lift a 2021 Rubicon. I originally was planning on lifting 3.5" and dropping 37 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. However, it appears 3.5 comes with Teraflex, which I'm not a fan of. Had it on my JKU and never really liked the stiff ride.

Looking for recommendations on the lift.. currently considering AEV 2.5 or an Evo kit (but need help in deciding)

So, which kit and why?
Clayton? Metalcloak? These are probably two of the more popular manufacturers. Clayton is also really active on this forum. Their springs pair perfectly with the fox shocks..

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Very happy with my newly installed Metalcloak 3.5 Dual Rate lift. Four Wheel Parts and Service a very reputable shop here in MN highly recommended it for many reasons. I would say the directions for install were pretty good and easy to follow. I took it in to another shop, Zuess Offroad for an alignment and they said, "We love Metalcloak!" So two reputable shops in my area love it, just my 2 cents

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Logistics
I went with Metalcloak 3.5" also, should arrive next week. Doing the install myself, seems pretty straight forward. You get the front drive-shaft also? How's the ride for you, compared to stock?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
@Clayton Off Road because everything is top end equipment, their advertised lift heights way over deliver (based on a heavily loaded up Rubicon still having the advertised lift, not a stock Sport like most others), outstanding service, and they only do Jeeps.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Agreed

MOPAR 2" (which is more like a 2.5-3") Lift Kit is a good stepping off point. I'm about to add front and rear adjustable track bars and sway bar disconnects.
I would not buy any small lift other than MOPAR. If it's going to be smaller like that may as well be factory covered.

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
Where in Colorado? Message me... We can meet up and you can see the AEV if you want. I work by centennial airport and live north west of there by alot.... I also just posted my AEV writeup in this section.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

So, which kit and why?
IMO, the Bilstein shocks in the AEV kit are too stiff.
I'd say Clayton or Rock Krawler with Fox shocks.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Metalcloak 3.5 GC because after reading about Clayton being way higher than 3.5" it's not what I wanted. The MC has some of the best flex this side of a 4-link and I wanted as much travel as possible without going too tall. If I have issues with 37s I'll probably swap springs but I'm super happy with the kit otherwise.

Thought about doing a shorter lift to hold me over and I'm glad I didn't. If I were going that route the AEV spacer lift with brackets is probably the best option as you just gain height without needing new shocks or springs and you can probably get most of your cost back when you sell.

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
Anyone have experience with Rubicon Express 3.5” lift kit?
Sponsored