Which lift and why?

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
I went with Metalcloak 3.5" also, should arrive next week. Doing the install myself, seems pretty straight forward. You get the front drive-shaft also? How's the ride for you, compared to stock?
I did not get the front driveshaft yet but will be getting the Tom Woods for it soon.
I have the Fox ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer with this lift and the ride and drive is so incredibly good, would highly recommend this combo to anyone.
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Logistics
Nice!!! I'll look into the Fox ATS and front end linkage bits once i upgrade to 37s. Need to beef up the axles and gears first.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Metalcloak 3.5 GC because after reading about Clayton being way higher than 3.5" it's not what I wanted. The MC has some of the best flex this side of a 4-link and I wanted as much travel as possible without going too tall. If I have issues with 37s I'll probably swap springs but I'm super happy with the kit otherwise.

Thought about doing a shorter lift to hold me over and I'm glad I didn't. If I were going that route the AEV spacer lift with brackets is probably the best option as you just gain height without needing new shocks or springs and you can probably get most of your cost back when you sell.
Also a great choice! Just to clear up some confusion we do provide a little extra height with our kits, about a .5" when measuring from the rear, but since we do level the kit out some I think some of the confusion comes from when measuring the front end and seeing about an extra inch there!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road because everything is top end equipment, their advertised lift heights way over deliver (based on a heavily loaded up Rubicon still having the advertised lift, not a stock Sport like most others), outstanding service, and they only do Jeeps.
Thanks! Always happy to answer any questions on any of our products!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Also a great choice! Just to clear up some confusion we do provide a little extra height with our kits, about a .5" when measuring from the rear, but since we do level the kit out some I think some of the confusion comes from when measuring the front end and seeing about an extra inch there!
Well if I'm not mistaken you also measure from the rear which means your 3.5" is a lot more than most 3.5". Most kits aim to level the truck so with an inch of factory rake, a 3.5" measured from the front is only lifting the rear 2.5" but a 3.5" lift measured from the rear with that same rake is lifting the front 4.5". I would say most would be less than disappointed to get that kind of height but for someone like me that's trying to hit an overall height target it's a bit much.

Would be nice to have an industry standard measurement though instead of one measuring front bumper, the next the rear, and others measuring fender gains.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rdubb1031

rdubb1031

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Architect
Finishing up my evo kit tomorrow, so far nice components, instructions are terrible. I wrenched in a shop for 5 years and did hundreds of lift/lowering kits. These instructions are shit. I did get a bent rear track bar bracket that they are sending a new one out for.

the sway bar links are cheesy standard ones that will not last long
How'd this turn out?

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Track bar bracket ended up being wrong one. maybe a JL one? i could not ever reach evo manufacturing, I contacted north ridge who I bought it from and they took care of me.

I dumped the evo rear track bar for a bent claytons piece to fit a 37“ spare under the bed. My front track bar was rubbing on the factory bracket a bit on the edge. I have a synergy brace too so I ground off the bit it was rubbing on. I believe it may be welded just a bit twisted. I’ll have to replace it once I start some hardcore off roading. Blistein 5100 shocks are a little hard for my liking, a softer ride would have been nice.

4.5” lift nettted a little more than 6” so a bit taller than I wanted

Jeep Gladiator Which lift and why? 5E5123AF-582B-4888-A338-22A23ACAA529

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I went with the 2.5" Ride Right Clayton kit. It'll be here in a week or 2.

I considered the Mopar kit, but liked the Clayon kit better. You get adjustable track bars with Clayton. Arms and sway bar links are also adjustable. Nothing in the Mopar kit is adjustable.

You do not get shocks with Clayton, so there is an added cost. But you do get to pick your shocks which is nice.
Sponsored