First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
Ah, like me, her name is first on the title?
I did that on purpose and my bets are she'll outlive me. I just wanted everything really easy as I've seen nightmares - and her family has splintered over such trivial things as who gets or owns what. I'm making it simple.

The cars are in my name first - she couldn't care less about those. A friend will likely sell those for me.

Anyway, she's been accident-free for decades, not so much as a scratch, and she's driven most things I've owned anyway, including a 1936 F20, my Comanche, and she owns a Wrangler, so...................
My son has borrowed my trucks - including this JT (he's been accident-free for years but is rather aggressive on the road)
My daughter-in-law used to drive delivery trucks in Korea. You'd never know by her 5' 1" 110 pounds soaking wet stature.
In NC, It's a joint title with terminology that the surviving party can handle business as usual. Makes life easier for us older folks.

My JK, for some reason has her listed first, the Gladiator, I'm listed first. She won't drive my JK on a bet now and it was her DD until I got her the WK2 and I started building the JK.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife wasn't a fan of me getting a Gladiator in the first place. Impracticable, ugly, expensive, yada, yada, yada. Obviously I won that battle! Shortly after the purchase I MADE her drive it to get used to it in the off chance she NEEDS to drive it someday. My bad because ever since then she's looking for excuses to drive it. And now she likes it even more because of the new big tires! Don't get me wrong, I love that she loves it, but it's still my baby.

So my question to you is who do YOU let drive your new baby, OR maybe even more importantly who will NEVER be given the keys?
My wife will drive it, but only if she needs to. She hates big vehicles. But sheā€™s absolutely welcome to it any day sheā€™d like. As far as whoā€™s allowed to, pretty much only family and good friends. Iā€™ll never give the keys to a dealer service department, and definitely never a valet.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
My wife.

She already hit something that lightly damaged the bumper.

Additionally, somebody at her old office (daycare center) SMACKED my door on the passenger side. Iā€™m guessing a bad ass little kid swung the door open when hopping out/in their car.

Oh well. Itā€™s just a metal rectangle so I donā€™t really care all that much. Worse things will happen to it when itā€™s old, and I have more time & money to wheel it rough šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
My wife and dad are the only ones I trust with it, especially being a stick.

Sponsored

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
My wife asked and I said "Never!"
History - My daughter banged up the front end of my wife's SUV about a week after she got her license so my wife started driving my Honda because she was embarrassed to have clients see the damage. I work from home so ... sure I guess.
After my wife totaled the Honda I replaced it with a CX5 because there wasn't much left on the shelf during the pandemic. Loaded!
She treats the car like it's a rental and I hate to even look at it in the driveway. Used to be a good looking car but now filled with minor damage everywhere and body panels that no longer seem to align. Ask anyone in our household and we are all afraid to drive with her. She is probably the worst driver I have ever been in a car with. No skill, talent, or situational awareness behind the wheel! My daughter has driven it. My son has no interest and my wife will NEVER.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife will drive it, but only if she needs to. She hates big vehicles. But sheā€™s absolutely welcome to it any day sheā€™d like. As far as whoā€™s allowed to, pretty much only family and good friends. Iā€™ll never give the keys to a dealer service department, and definitely never a valet.
JT is smaller than the Silverado I had and my wife did fine with it. In fact, on long trips, she likes driving. She didn't like driving it in traffic or tight areas with the car hauler on it, but that was her only hesitation.

My wife freaks if there's a hair or streak of dust on these things that looks like a scratch. I recall on her Wrangler- she was so concerned about a spot on the hood. I told her it was just a line of dust. Had to prove it to her by carefully with a soft cloth wiping it off.

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
My girlfriend drives it whenever she wants to but she really doesnā€™t enjoy driving it. Pretty much only road trips when I ask her to or if her car is in the shop. I also let friends drive while we are off-roading and I typically offer/encourage them to. They drive it much easier than I do and if something were to happen Iā€™d fix it. Itā€™s much more enjoyable when your friends want to go with you and they also have a good time.

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
No wife and no kids, long story. I drive it.

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
My wife, but I have to close my eyes and pretend I'm Maverick's RIO.

Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Mojave, '23 GC Summit Reserve,'23 AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
The wife may drive it, but I hope she won't. Just brought it home today and she is already liking it. Still have others to drive, so I will need to get over it.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I let my wife drive it if I need her to take it somewhere during the week while Iā€™m working.
When I loaned my dd to one of my daughters for two weeks I was driving my wifeā€™s Honda to save gas and let her drive the Glad to her job 3 miles from home.
This week I need to have a screw removed from a tire and plugged so sheā€™s taking it to the shop for me.
I did let her do some mild offroading on her birthday but not without me coaching from the passenger seat.

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
Any of my friends/family that want to.
It's just a vehicle that needs to be driven.
That is pretty much how I've felt about every vehicle that I've owned

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
GF, Cousin, me.
Sponsored