Sponsored

How do you plan to drive your Gladiator?

Se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My Mojave will be my vehicle when the weather is nasty as, mostly speaking, I ride my motorcycle most of the year. The Mojave will be lucky to get 5K miles a year on it. It took me a couple of vehicles after owning trucks most of my life to realize that I am, in fact, an actual truck guy.

After owning Tacomas for 15 years (and S-10's before that), I traded for an '18 JLUR, my first Jeep. I LOVED it. I really loved the "rugged convertible" aspect of it the most. It wasn't taken offroad ever, but I did try and tow with it. The boat was simply too much for it...and I knew that upfront. So, the wife and I decided to get out of boats after being into them for 12 years, so I didn't need a tow vehicle anymore. I had a deposit on a C8 Vette, but came across a good deal on a 2020 BMW X6M (LOVED it, too, but differently), so I traded the JL for it. That lasted until the wife decided we were not actually done with boats (deep sigh)...so a tow vehicle was needed, again. So, I went back to my comfort zone and bought a '21 Tacoma Limited 4x4. So, 3 years without a truck and suddenly, I was hauling shit and towing shit...over and over...ya know, truck stuff. That's when I knew I was a truck guy and we were a truck family. But, after owning a JL (with the Sky roof) and a 700HP BMW back to back, the Tacoma felt exceptionally boring, so traded again for the '22 Mojave just to add some fun factor back to vehicle ownership. Added the sunrider for hardtop to get a bit of the quickly accessible rugged convertible back into the equation, and off we go.

Long back story to basically say that I bought my Mojave to fill a need for a truck first, but wanted the ability to go convertible and add some pizazz back in my everday when driving and not riding. I find that to be the best of both my needs...a truck that is also fun. I may take her offroad someday, but that's not the intent, whether she's made for it or not.

Last edited:

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
In 2020 at purchase my plan was was to use it to tow my boat as the 2 dr jk was a little too lite.
Wind the clock forward 2yrs, it tows boat, daily driver, lifted with 40’s, trails, and toad behind motor home.
I love to drive it regardless if there is a better option or how practical it is!

CBBC058F-8986-41BC-B0CD-DD600EEB257C.jpeg

60E7280F-ED71-4FF9-BDB0-D461DC22AD50.jpeg

4457DB4A-1447-43B6-B979-D32782E3D19C.jpeg

0DE95410-3290-4585-98D0-60961673CF8F.jpeg

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
DD but I have intentions of heading out west to tour off-road thru Colorado, Utah, AZ. Not looking for challenges off-road but want the capabilities should I encounter something between me and where I want to go.

Sponsored

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
As a recovery rig for my LJ ;)

Actually that's partially serious, my modified Taco (DCLB) would've been challenged to get into a place that my lightly modified LJR would get stuck. My JTR has a much larger margin for error/challenge to recover the LJ than my Taco or F150 before that.

My JTR will be a bit of everything, I need a truck bed for yard work, as well as a secure (w/ a topper) mountain bike hauler. I live at the "edge of pavement" so it sees dirt/mud/snow every other day or more, and some of those roads go from almost Prius capable in the summer to "I'm going to need my winch and creativity with the shovel" in the winter. The lockers are mostly for snow for me, in my LJ and now the JT I use them weekly. I don't really have a daily commute, so mileage is mostly for trips and hitting trailheads and we have a Subaru Forester for MPG/DD.

I wanted something that can do the big miles on narrow, bad mountain roads in all weather for the Rockies. The main use is as a nasty dirt/snow RV, we love camping year-round in Montana to bike & BC ski and are putting an Ovrlnd Camper on it in a month... Which gives us a light weight, worry free spot to sleep in dense bear country. My wife and I also plan on pairing the JT up with our LJ for some regional trips. Both as a 2nd vehicle to tug each other out and as a base camp for wheeling the LJ.

I've done 1000s of miles on forest service/mining/backroads on past vehicles and plan to do more with this truck. From past experience I wanted something that can get past short challenging sections (drifts, 12" rock gardens, stuck Subarus) to keep on going my way.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Ours is DD and boat tower, and off-roader.

PXL_20211231_150939024.NIGHT.jpg

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
I plan to use it as a pickup. To haul things, carry things, and tow things topless and or doorless . I have an 07 JKU Rubi for offroad so I got this for work, although I am retired :).

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I usualy drive dfrom the drivers seat, hanbds 10 and 2. Alert and check my mirrors.

:LOL:

My rig is not my daily driver, so it gets babied some. It's my weekend get awy explor rig.
To drive? Yep I always get in the seat on the same side as the steering wheel. I have found it is much, much easier and you don't get pulled over as much.

Sponsored

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
Daily driver + trailhead shuttle (mtn bike trails + downhill + whitewater kayaking + skiing).
Doors off.

ricky0018

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Max Tow, 04 VW GTI 20th Anniversary
Daily family driver, camper tow vehicle, mountain bike hauler. Would love to eventually drive on a dirt trail just have no idea where to go around here (Northwest Illinois).

Outside Reality Check

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Toyota 4Runner LTD
Occupation
Surgical Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
I daily drive through the mean streets of Orange, CA. The potholes are brutal, the bridge expansion joints require a level of reckless abandon only the JTR can serve up, and don’t leave your courage at home when the phenomenon of water orbs fall from the sky every other year. This is why I drive. Few vehicles rarely meet the challenge in these parts, but my JTR thrives. I use it for truck stuff Too. Gotta go camping at least twice a year and hit up some moderate trails nearby. I enjoy the view.
Jeep Gladiator How do you plan to drive your Gladiator? 38F65E7C-BEEE-40E1-82D4-F353965F0F60

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Mine's a daily driver too. Also use it to haul stuff like a typical pick-'em-up truck, and tow my travel trailer.

Initially it was for the wicked pissah cool looks and to use as a pick-'em-up truck, then I bought the travel trailer so's me and the misses have a safe (COVID free) place to put our heads down each night when traveling and seeing the sights. Who knows how well those hotel rooms are really cleaned...

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Mine's a daily driver. It's versatile. It has 4 doors, I can take the family . It has a bed, I can haul stuff. It's a Jeep, I can take it off-road if I want. But I do have a TJ Rubicon on 35's that I regularly use off-road. I'll use my Gladiator for easier scenic trails in Colorado someday.
Sponsored