Sponsored

Who else will likely have to wait a year or more to buy?

How many years until you get your's?

• Total voters

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, I'm doing the best I can to get to a place where I can save up for mine, but it could easily be a year or more depending on what life does to me, I cannot even make an educated guess as to how long yet. I'm wondering, who else in the same boat?
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I'll be waiting till next year to hopefully get one due to money issues but I might wait till the 2021 models come in, might be more options/colors ect

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Waiting to see how the diesel does. We also have a 1 month old, so adding a new expense right now isn't the best idea unless I win the giveaway car at company Christmas party.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Was waiting on Gator, now waiting on the 2021 models. Doing a lot of work on the house.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I'm waiting on yellow. It took the JL a year to get yellow, so I figure the gladiator will take a year or so. Just means I get to save up more, I guess. And work out the first model year kinks (like the JLs that didn't have good chassis welds)

Sponsored

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
My advice to you is that you must consider what your monthly payment will be. Start now. If you can’t make your projected monthly payment to yourself every month without hiccup for a sustained period of time, the payments won’t work for you when you actually have the truck. I’ve been at it almost for around two years saving up for something else I’m now picking the Gladiator over. Bonus is you have a giant down payment!

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
I was fortunate. I paid cash for my last car (used) in 2010 and we paid off my wife's car last year. Been saving for years for a new truck. Then Jeep came out with the Gladiator. Now my savings were put to use.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
My plan was to order Gator. Then that changed to Gobi. Still can't decide between Sport S or Rubicon for my needs. Would like to consider diesel for MPG and torque. Would like to see what the Bronco specs will be. Now considering buying a property.

Can you say, moving target?? Damn...

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Waiting on diesel..see how it performs in the RAM. Should have a good idea by the time it becomes available.
Also waiting on Gator but that'll come out before the diesel.
If Gator isn't what I picture then I'll go with Stingray.
If the diesel is a turd then I'll go with the gasser.

Rubicon all the way

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 HellaYella JLU Rubicon
I'm waiting on yellow. It took the JL a year to get yellow, so I figure the gladiator will take a year or so. Just means I get to save up more, I guess. And work out the first model year kinks (like the JLs that didn't have good chassis welds)
I'm debating on waiting for a yellow or buying a red one now. I've had two yellow wranglers, and I think the truck would look great. But that red really pops...

FYI...the JL had yellow the first year (2018) - I've got one.