Tailgate protection?

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
What is everyone using for tailgate protection? For now I will not have any bed liner so I just ordered the DeeZee bed mat. I would like something to protect the tailgate but I don't care for the mats. Looking for something that will make it a little easier sliding stuff across. I don't need anything real fancy but need something to be durable and easy on the knees if I need to climb up into the bed. I will probably get the spray in liner down the road. I almost ordered the Smartliner bed mat but they can't seem to respond as to what thickness it is. So what have you got?
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have a rugged liner bed liner which includes the tailgate piece, works great and was under $200

OP
OP
RS3

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I do like the DeeZee tailgate board but think the price is a bit high for what it is.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Wonder if paint on liner material would work. I don't have the bed liner but do have a bed mat that works great. Would it look strange just of have the tailgate lined?

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Same set up here. Dee Zee thick rubber bed mat with Rugged Liner plastic tailgate liner. Tailgate liner came from Amazon. Part number JG20TG. This is made directly for Gladiator tailgate with mount holes that match factory mount points for a no drill install. I called Rugged Liner directly to get the part number for the tailgate liner alone without the bed liner.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Same set up here. Dee Zee thick rubber bed mat with Rugged Liner plastic tailgate liner. Tailgate liner came from Amazon. Part number JG20TG. This is made directly for Gladiator tailgate with mount holes that match factory mount points for a no drill install. I called Rugged Liner directly to get the part number for the tailgate liner alone without the bed liner.
Do you have pictures of the tailgate with the liner installed?

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Do you have pictures of the tailgate with the liner installed?
I just received the liner a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting for my new JTM to arrive at the dealer. The sales rep I spoke to at Rugged Liner said it was designed specifically for the Gladiator and would fit perfectly. By looking at tailgates on JT's on my dealers lot, it looks like it will. Worth the fifty bucks to try.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
BedRug makes a tailgate mat. It grips the tailgate underneath and makes it easier to slide things in and out of the bed. It features a ¼" thick foam backing to provide a cushion for your knees when accessing your truck bed, using only hook and loop fasteners for an easy, no damage install.

We are offering 5% off BedRug products until Tuesday as well so it's a great time to get one. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can work out the discount.

BedRug at Offroad Alliance

Jeep Gladiator Tailgate protection? images_ePIM_original_XBR-BedRug-Mat-Dodge-Ram-Tailgate_w700_h500_q80

Last edited:

Sponsored

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just about 2 hours ago I got my BedRug tailgate mat !

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I have the weathertech tailgate liner. Happy with it thus far.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I have the bedrug for the main part of the bed and a weathertech tailgate liner
I liked the fact that the weather tech attaches via the torx head bolts already in the tailgate and velcro.
So far it works great

Jeep Gladiator Tailgate protection? 1647034576693
Sponsored