Sponsored

Who makes the best end links? Currie, MC, Etc.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
So I used to have a LJ Rubicon running a Currie / OME mix and at the time the Johnny Joint was the best and my jeep drove straight as an arrow and was extremely responsive. It was responsive because of the Johnny Joints not having as much deflection as regular clevite bushings. So this brings me to my question, why are so many people going back to regular bushings? Did they come up with a better bushing material that does not "waller" out every 10k miles?

I put over 30k miles on the currie stuff with no signs of wear, do the others keep up?

the obligatory, cant talk about the old girl without posting
05 Rubi LJ
4" OME coils and shocks
Full Currie control arms
Currie Steering/drag link
Currie track bar
rokmen sliders
rokmen alu corner armor
misc ebay full steel fenders
35 MTR kevlar

IMG_20140426_131316.jpg

2013-09-29 17.53.59.jpg

IMG_0466.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I think many companies have gone back to rubber bushings because they require less maintenance. Newer rubber bushings like the Metalcloak Durobushing offer a lot more flex than standard Clevite bushings. Teraflex’s new IR rubber bushings allows the center metal bushing to rotate independently from the bushing itself.

OP
OP
FL Handle Guy

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I think many companies have gone back to rubber bushings because they require less maintenance. Newer rubber bushings like the Metalcloak Durobushing offer a lot more flex than standard Clevite bushings. Teraflex’s new IR rubber bushings allows the center metal bushing to rotate independently from the bushing itself.
I guess I can see that, I will look into the durobushings.
I guess things have come a long way with bushings in a very short period of time. I remember having rubicon express LCAs and all the problems they had with bushings. They are what drove me to JJ's after my 4th set of bushings in under a year

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I guess things have come a long way with bushings in a very short period of time. I remember having rubicon express LCAs and all the problems they had with bushings. They are what drove me to JJ's after my 4th set of bushings in under a year
My mistake, it’s called Duroflex.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
My TJ Rubicon has the Rubicon Express trilink rear with the uniball joint. The uniball doesn't accept lube and subsequently binds and breaks every 10-12 months with regular driving and wheeling. I am so sick of it doing this. My front track bar is a Metalcloak trackbar with the Durotrak bushing. It has been completely maintenance free during the three years since installation.

Sponsored

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I’m from the TJ world myself, and I’d rather stick with JJs than anything else. I Run Rokmen short arms that I had made into dual adjustable arms before they made them that way. Same arms going strong for about 10 years with no issues.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Punk'n, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD Hydro Blue
Didn't RE use heim joints? That's why they wore so poorly.

I'm also from the TJ and LJ world. The JJ was the best option back then. And it's still a great option today.

The new, low to no maintenance options are nice and they offer a lot of flex.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Didn't RE use heim joints? That's why they wore so poorly.

I'm also from the TJ and LJ world. The JJ was the best option back then. And it's still a great option today.

The new, low to no maintenance options are nice and they offer a lot of flex.
This was an old thread, so I’ll update my earlier recommendation to include the Clayton Overland Giiro joint as my current favorite.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Had an '06 Rubi LJ 'till I got the Gladiator. I was happy with the shorter OME suspension with Metalcloak control arms and track bars, Currie steering and AntiRock. Rokmen supplied the skids and rear spring relocation kit, among other things.
Sponsored