ACAD_Cowboy

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Nah you ain't gotta wait that long. I'll give you 50 bucks each for them kids right now. I'll go $75 if they already know how to work a lawnmower and weed eater.
At that rate it'll be 50 on the pair, they have no idea about yard work lord knows I've tried.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no, I've been here since before the JT premiered, I'll keep lurking. I'm like corgi hairs... always there.

I'm in no rush and a camp trailer keeps gnawing at me. As of right now I have ple ty of time to make decisions.
As to why I said you would be missed. :like: if you moved on. On the corgi hair.. :LOL:

OP
OP
ACAD_Cowboy

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I was hoping to use this trip as a logic experiment on the reality of full length roof rack as nearly everything save the coolers can go up. I mean they could... but I'll leave that to the troops to figure out.

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
That is a lot of stuff for any vehicle with out pulling a trailer. I can sympathize we have a family of 5 and a dog, but that is why the other vehicle is an expedition.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
If I were hauling multiple kids, dogs, and gear, and could only have one vehicle, I’d want something with a roomier interior.

OP
OP
ACAD_Cowboy

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/jeep-gladiator-jt-mojave-diesel-2019-current.html

And

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...er-slimline-ii-rack-kits-by-front-runner.html

Or

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/jeepgladiatorjt-2019-curr-rsi-smart-canopy-slii.html

Depending on you canopy desires.

Per Front Runner just need to tell them which cap you have and they will send you the correct feet to get a level height with the front. And you can order all the slats to get as little or as much load floor as you would like where you would like it.

Like this, but better. Less basket and more platform.

Jeep Gladiator Why a gladiator might not work for me. ARE_7460482

And just like that... I'm right back down the JT hole...

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would he need three rows? Two adults and two children don't require a third row.
He says he wants the dogs to ride inside with him. If he only needs 2 rows, then a Gladiator with a topper works fine. A Gladiator with a topper has more cargo room than a Tahoe and still seats 5. Though its admittedly not as wide as a Tahoe. .

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Why not rent a Gladiator, or take one for a test drive and bring it home and load it up with all of your stuff and see what your situation looks like?

OP
OP
ACAD_Cowboy

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I have been trying to swing that for a day. My ideal would be to talk the dealer into a weekend journey with as close to my ideal as possible, take a saturday doing the go out east highway & secondary roads and a sunday with an early beach journey. It wouldn't let me know its back up the hollar trail behavior but I know some fishing access' that have some aggressive washboards and whoopsies so I at least can sus out if the family will have "the hate".

We have had a few preparatory drives and the wife droid approves of style, fit finish and appointments. I wish the diesel and she wishes the auto so it's a draw. I desire the rubicon, she desires the heated leather. With the top all racked up and cap'd and racked I see the top coming off once just to say I did it. I feel that if I went that route it would be a body matched top and cap but I invite anyone with a wrinkle black top and cap to please show me how it looks in reality. I have a preference for the ARE as the cut and line make a JT look like a scrambler and a scout had a wild night out which I think is a good look.

Okay, time to stop babbling and finish my coffee.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Do you have the option of taking two vehicles? Just haven't heard that mentioned yet. Yes, you have to split up the family and burn 2x as much gas but there's lots of room to carry whatever you want.

We have two dogs and two kids too. If we have to load up in one vehicle it's the wife's Outback and I have to strap what seems like the better part of your list to the roof basket. It's not fun. I think strapping it all down in the hitch baskets is a much easier way to go about it.

Some of the camping/cargo trailer builds I've seen on here are awesome. They also seem like a lot of work, both in hunting down the supplies and putting it all together. None of them seem cheap, or at least not as cheap as just buying a topper.

But if we're just driving 2-3 hours to a destination - and I want to bring a kayak for example - we just take both vehicles. Dogs won't fit in the backseat and I don't have a set up for putting them in the bed, so they're consigned to the Subaru. But hey, at least it's "Dog tested, dog approved" and they get a kick out of driving.
Sponsored