Sponsored

Why are you guys wasting all this money on bed racks when you can just build one out of wood?

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
I say this jokingly as I realize the cost of wood these days may not make it as much of a savings as it used to be, but I saw this truck at work today and had to share. A+ for creativity. The build quality looks relatively solid as well. Not sure why it was painted green, but to each their own.

Jeep Gladiator Why are you guys wasting all this money on bed racks when you can just build one out of wood? Bed rack
Jeep Gladiator Why are you guys wasting all this money on bed racks when you can just build one out of wood? Bed rack 2
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Pressure treated wood is green. The pressure treatment makes it more water resistant. But it still has that farm built look to it.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Purpose built rigs are always my favorite, it's not how it looks but what it's for! This looks like it's to transport mattresses or something.

In reality my dream would be to have a tube bender and tools in my garage to build my own rack/exoskeleton.

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
Pressure treated wood is green. The pressure treatment makes it more water resistant. But it still has that farm built look to it.
I thought the same thing about it being treated wood, but it was definitely painted. Lots of brush strokes and a lot darker green.

OP
OP
YayMud!

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
Purpose built rigs are always my favorite, it's not how it looks but what it's for! This looks like it's to transport mattresses or something.

In reality my dream would be to have a tube bender and tools in my garage to build my own rack/exoskeleton.
I'm not sure what they are using it for, but it is definitely unique. Initially I thought they took it out of their back yard and shortened the height to fit, but it is exactly the right width.

A tube bender would be fun to play with. You could make your own exhaust, a beefy roll cage, some 80's bumpers, or maybe a roll bar.

Sponsored

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
I did the same thing years ago when I had to move some fencing that wouldn't easily fit in the bed. At the time it only cost me something like $20-$30 and I only needed it for one cross state trip then ended up using the wood for other projects. Would be a bit more spendy given the current lumber situation.
Jeep Gladiator Why are you guys wasting all this money on bed racks when you can just build one out of wood? 1626997250082

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I did the same thing years ago when I had to move some fencing that wouldn't easily fit in the bed. At the time it only cost me something like $20-$30 and I only needed it for one cross state trip then ended up using the wood for other projects. Would be a bit more spendy given the current lumber situation.
Jeep Gladiator Why are you guys wasting all this money on bed racks when you can just build one out of wood? 1626997250082
I just want your Coca~Cola glass...
Sponsored