First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
My first contender was a Frointeer PRO-4X, it is a nice truck and a bit less expensive of course...But honestly, after seeing a really detaild view of its interior and its ability off road, there really isn't any comparison to the Gladiator in both departments...Not to say it is bad in any way, it is very nice, but the Gladiator is much more capable and in at least one "teir" up overall, not to mention, much, much, more interesting.
Agreed. I owned an 06 frontier for many years. The best thing about it was it still looked like a new one when I sold it in 2020!
But it didn’t even compare to the Gladiator. And, it didn’t make me want to wait for the new Frontier.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Might try backing in. The camera can get you all the way to the wall.
Backing in is tough, even with my STS which although long for a car is somewhat shorter than the JT...I still back my STS in, but I can't imagine doing that with even a small-midsize truck.

In anticipation of a Truck I did a few test runs head on with my STS. It is just much easier to keep the car going exactly on track with the stering in the same direction one is going. If the steering is on the side where one is "coming from" it just makes it harder. IMHO of course/what works for me.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
My garage is 19’6” deep and I have a workbench and shelving along the walls. I use a strip of electrical tape (should probably paint a stripe on the floor) for my wife to back her JLU in. She aligns her camera center line on the tape to back straight in until she sees the bottom part of her screen come to a perpendicular piece of tape (stop). I also have a small strip of tape on the ground at the garage door end on my side for the JT. When I pull in I turn on the backup camera and glide into the garage until I see my hitch clear the tape strip. This gives both of us room to park and move around on the sides of our vehicles. It’s like striping out a runway. If you do that you will be able to get your truck is close to the passenger side wall as possible without taking your fenders off and back in perfectly without hitting the wall.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Backing in is tough, even with my STS which although long for a car is somewhat shorter than the JT...I still back my STS in, but I can't imagine doing that with even a small-midsize truck.

In anticipation of a Truck I did a few test runs head on with my STS. It is just much easier to keep the car going exactly on track with the stering in the same direction one is going. If the steering is on the side where one is "coming from" it just makes it harder. IMHO of course/what works for me.
Go test drive one and try it.

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
My jku fit in my garage. When they first announced the size of the gladiator, i knew i couldn't get one cause it was too long.

Then i looked into ways to lengthen my garage. Too expensive and not worth it.

Then i started looking at gladiators again. Forgot about the garage problem. Found one that i liked. And then remembered the garage problem.

Then i traded my jku for gladiator and now park on the street. I hate street sweeping days, but love my truck. Hahaha.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Keep in mind I don't think a hitch is included in the dimensions so make sure you remove that before destroying your garage door.

Also aftermarket bumpers, tow hooks, shackles, lights, hoops, etc. might increase the length. Could always remove the sheetrock and get another 1/2". Maybe even notch the studs if it's not too much.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Hi Folks, looking to get a Mojave 2022...I have a single car garage and it is going to be very tight, am I nutz to think this is a good idea?

All calculations done usuing specs in 2021 Gladiator Catalog, and hand measuring my garage/door dimensions..

The Mojave dimensions are:
Width - 6.2 feet.
Hight (Hard top) - 6.2 feet.
Lenght - 18.2 feet.

My garage dimensions are:
Width through door - 8.8 feet.
Hight through door - 6.75 feet.
Lenth of usable garage space - 18.8 feet

Result:
Width: I have 1.3 feet to spare on each side going through the Garage door opening...
Hight: I have only 6.6 Inches to spare going through the Garage Door opening.
Lenght: I have only 4 inches front and back to spare.

Has anyone had success fitting into some similiar size garage? Did you use any mechanical limiters? Or electronic/laser/sound limiters like say a "Park-Daddy"?

Doable with some electronic/mechanical aids or a "Fool's-errand"?

Thanks,
-Joe
You may have already accounted for this, but make sure your garage door doesn't sit slightly lower than the actual door opening when it's in the fully open position. This would obviously reduce your "head room" when pulling in. At our last house, I was able to adjust my garage door opener to pull my door a little further up the track toward the opener to give me the max clearance through the doorway.

JTSchnell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Mojave
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Will it Fit in Garage? B3F3EF62-8C82-4891-87A6-F63355A03FB6

I hung a tennis ball from a shelf in the garage. Helps me aim the Gladiator for the right spot and stop when I'm almost up to wall.

Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
This is what I do on my single door side. Works like a charm. I have a 3 car garage, this also puts the driver side on the open side of the garage so it's cake for me to get in and out.

With the awesomeness that is the back up cam on the 8.4" I can easily get with in 4" of the wall perfectly every time.

Might try backing in. The camera can get you all the way to the wall.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You may have already accounted for this, but make sure your garage door doesn't sit slightly lower than the actual door opening when it's in the fully open position. This would obviously reduce your "head room" when pulling in. At our last house, I was able to adjust my garage door opener to pull my door a little further up the track toward the opener to give me the max clearance through the doorway.
Thanks, Yep, mine sits lower too on the hight mesurment.... On the lenght I also accunted for the safty "lazers" at the door floor which take up few inches.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Everyone :please:, so many great ideas and inspiration to go with it. Botttom line, it will be doable. I feel confident at this point.đź‘Ť

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Love these things

Screenshot_20210918-133530_Amazon Shopping.jpg