Sponsored

Will the JT Rubicon with 8.4 have noise cancelation?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not sure if the wrangler or gladiators employ this technology, but the premium audio in my van has active noise cancelation.

I doubt wrangler or gladiator does as it wouldn't be able to determine unwanted noise with wanted noise.
Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Active noise cancellation is part of the Alpine package in the JL. Assuming it's the same in the JT.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Active noise cancellation is part of the Alpine package in the JL. Assuming it's the same in the JT.
:LOL: :LOL: :jk: ? Build & Price (JL side states - "Unavailable in Some Configurations," whatever the heck that refers to ? ? ?
I gotta agree with STEFF's answer ( to his own thread question ). Seems a mute point in a WRANGLER ! No Upgrade for me, I'll simply put in Quality Speakers later & No Sub. Nothing extravagant unless I want to add an Amp too !
I hear the Renegade has 'BEATS' Audio upgrade (trail hawk version) - Renegade here I come ! :no:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Interesting, I wonder what noise it cancels out then. Also does the noise cancelation work when the radio is off too?

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Active noise cancelation is definitely an established art form in the audio world...but I’ve only experienced it in aviation headsets, earbuds, and the like. I assume it would be fairly easy to identify wind, tire, and engine noise to cancel, but I have no clue just how effective it may be with the top down and doors off.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Well, the JT is quieter than my JLUR was, which had the alpine system with noise cancellation and acoustic glass. Both are/were hardtops. Not sure if that means it employs the same system and the addition of the hard top headliner helps or if it's just inherently more quiet (or doesn't need it?).

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Well, the JT is quieter than my JLUR was, which had the alpine system with noise cancellation and acoustic glass. Both are/were hardtops. Not sure if that means it employs the same system and the addition of the hard top headliner helps or if it's just inherently more quiet (or doesn't need it?).
Maybe because the rear wheel wells are not in the cabin and rear axle is behind cabin?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Maybe because the rear wheel wells are not in the cabin and rear axle is behind cabin?
Could very well be and they don't need the noise cancellation - or maybe it's there. I'll check my manual and see if it says anything, I know my JL called it out and it had a different windshield.
Sponsored