Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I HATED these trashy looking things for like 30 years… until I got a used truck that had them. BRILLIANT for leaving the windows cracked while parked at work all day. That is their real selling point.
My vehicles used to sit outside in the sun while I worked 9 hour days. And when one of our popcorn storms came up, the boss would see me running outside to run the windows up. 30 minutes later, sun is out, it's 100 degrees again, back out I go to run windows down a bit.
And if it does get wet inside, then the windows all steam up later.
One reason for the louvers on my rear window and quarter windows on my car, other than the looks, is the practical part. The car is a greenhouse otherwise.
There's many times I have thought of having these things. When the air temp and humidity meet.........
I wish we'd had those on our vehicles when the kids were younger. Putting a couple young boys into a car that's 110 degrees inside ain't fun.

It's your vehicle, you live with it, you drive it, you deal with your weather, no one else does.

Frankly, their dark color on certain color Jeeps - like red or blue, or even white, just for examples, it's a neat accent. Breaks things up.
Sponsored

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Yes, I have them. I can leave windows cracked while JT is parked in the hot sun on black asphalt. Lets some of the heat vent out. Also good for when it rains and you can crack the windows and not get rain inside.
I did them just for this purpose, days my wife drives it, it sits in the parking lot for 10-12 hours in the Florida sunshine. I put them on everything we drive. Let the windows down about an inch to vent some of the heat out.
I went with Weathertech, there was a few reviews of them bowing after installation and coming out of the channels when you roll the window down, but I have had neither of those problems occur. I am happy with them, and they blend well with the dark tint on the windows.

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
Had them on my ZJ and loved them. In channel for sure. Much cleaner look...

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
I don't currently run them, but I have on many previous rigs.

The only real "downside" to them is you have to be a little more cautious when removing/carrying your doors. You will crack them...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I am happy with them, and they blend well with the dark tint on the windows.
That's the other thing I've noticed - when the right color shades are used against certain window tints, they almost disappear from view.

Sponsored

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
i have the avs in channel on Oscar .. wife has the weathertech on Cinderella ... my dog Lilly likes them for air flow while parked and she goes EVERYWHERE with me ... glad you do not like them, that made it easier for me to find them in this shortage world ....

20211231_161548_resized.jpg

20210801_081826_03_resized_2.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
i have the avs in channel on Oscar .. wife has the weathertech on Cinderella ... my dog Lilly likes them for air flow while parked and she goes EVERYWHERE with me ... glad you do not like them, that made it easier for me to find them in this shortage world ....

Jeep Gladiator window deflectors , Yes or No ? 20210801_081826_03_resized_2

I've wondered if there'd be times they'd help when driving on certain roads here late in the afternoon or early evening when the sun is coming at the side of my face in the top 2 or 3" of gla - and I have to pull the visor over, slide it out and there it is hanging on that weak mount and the rest of the visor in the way when I only need a small area blocked.
Driving NW at about 6:45-7pm the sun is blinding on the left side, near the top of the window.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Like everyone else has said, they look like trash. I live in the SE and would never consider them. Tint your windows if you can’t deal with the heat. It’s only for a few minutes. If it’s hot, then use remote start for a minute or two.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

If it’s a hot day and your only leaving the windows cracked with a dog inside that’s a different conversation I leave mine running with the A/c on and lock the door. He’s never left like that for more than 15-20 min.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
i just don't understand the point of them if you're not a smoker... or one of those people running the original cabin air filter at 60k miles because you think cabin air filter replacement is a service department scam and can't figure out why your truck feels so stuffy with the windows all the way up.
My thoughts exactly. I also find them to be distracting or obstructing for my view (peripheral and direct) out those windows. That extra couple of inches had me always trying to look under or around them on my F150. I won’t be putting these on my JT.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
We used to (and still do) refer to them as "smoker shields." Working on vehicles in my youth, whenever we had a vehicle that had these, or wanted them, the owner was usually a smoker.

People may not like them, and that's fine. But they are incredibly useful. They really benefit vehicles that have slope-in sides (not flat sides like a Jeep) for rain when you go through a drive-thru.

I don't like the aesthetics of them, but if you live in a place where it rains a lot (and not warm rain), they are handy. I'm not a fan of the in-channel ones, I prefer the above-the-window ones.

Our used Explorer had them, then we had them on our Expedition. The wife really liked them when she needed some air but didn't want to get pelted with rain.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
What others have said...your rig....do your thing.
I see no need on a vehicle that doesn't have doors on it for 1/2 of it's life.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I like them on the rear so I can leave the windows cracked open without rain problems.

I DO NOT like them on the front as they serve to further obstruct vision.

I don't have any at all on the JT but I do have rears on my Power Wagon.

JamVox

First Name
Tebow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 glad
Occupation
Retired
Have the RR deflectors on my JT. Use them in the hot Florida sun and no worry when it rains.

20220302_110943.jpg