olegs

First Name
OS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2011 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Audi S8
I have them and love them.

The in channel ones have a much better appearance than the tape ons.

They might stay on better too.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I'd do it if you're a smoker who smokes when you drive. Other than that, I don't know why anyone would roll down their windows when it's raining. IMO, they look "auto parts store" custom. But it's your ride, so do what you want!

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
i just don't understand the point of them if you're not a smoker... or one of those people running the original cabin air filter at 60k miles because you think cabin air filter replacement is a service department scam and can't figure out why your truck feels so stuffy with the windows all the way up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
i just don't understand the point of them if you're not a smoker... or one of those people running the original cabin air filter at 60k miles because you think cabin air filter replacement is a service department scam and can't figure out why your truck feels so stuffy with the windows all the way up.
Around here you want to leave windows down just a bit in the summer - unless you like to bake or like anything in the truck to bake. It gets so hot and humid............. There are times you also just like fresh air.
If you have kids and get back to the vehicle after a day at the fair or Adventureland and the sun has been baking that greenhouse with the windows up all day long..... you'd wish you had left the windows down a bit.

If ya don't like 'em or can't figure it out, don't buy them.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
^^^ This ^^^
Jeep Gladiator window deflectors , Yes or No ? 1652497582836

Have you had any trouble with your in channel AVS vents?

I have used their product on several vehicles and at the time they advised me to NOT get the in channel. Something about tolerances of window seals being so varied that either the piece fell out or the windows wouldn't close all the way.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have the avs non in channel. I really like them. The other day had light rain while driving. I cracked my windows to enjoy the cool and the smell of fresh rain.

honestly, it’s a mod that’s a personal choice. My rig is built the way I want it… not for others. Like it or not. That’s my opinion.

9A2ABE18-3E12-4FC4-8741-CFE175C8D31D.jpeg

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Have you had any trouble with your in channel AVS vents?

I have used their product on several vehicles and at the time they advised me to NOT get the in channel. Something about tolerances of window seals being so varied that either the piece fell out or the windows wouldn't close all the way.
The in-channel ones for the JL/JT have a tiny strip of double-sided tape that is supposed to stick to the inside of the channel to fix that problem. The only issue I have had was one of the rears had the tape on the glass side instead of the channel side. Had to peel it off and buy some 1/4" 3M.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I've been thinking about them. I have to exercise in the mornings for work and I'm not returning home to shower and change. If it rains it will help keep my inside from smelling pretty awful.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Just ordered some Rugged Ridge window deflectors in matte black and thinking i might be pep boying out my truck by installing these , any one have these or any others installed and would like to post up some pics ? Whats your opinion ? i know its my truck and if i like em' who cares right?

https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-tape-on-window-rain-deflectors/v/jeep/gladiator/2022/
It’s all good. I don’t think they sell Rugged Ridge at Pep Boys LOL

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
I HATED these trashy looking things for like 30 years… until I got a used truck that had them. BRILLIANT for leaving the windows cracked while parked at work all day. That is their real selling point.
Sponsored