• Total voters
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I hear ya.

I cant wait for this coming weekend to put my MC bumper on (been sitting in my garage for too long :( ). I can post up pictures of it on my JK so you guys can see how it is with the stubby bumper on the front of a JK with MC fenders and 35's.

Edit:

For anyone not fully understanding how the caps can change out:

When looking at the tow hooks on the front, there are 4 bolts that surround it. Those bolts hold the caps on so changing them is just removing those 4 and putting shorter/longer ones on (or just not even having them on if you like the bumper without).
you putting the MC bumper on your JK, did you buy a JT too?

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
you putting the MC bumper on your JK, did you buy a JT too?
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yea I have a JT on order since 5/11. Already have an MC one on order right now for the JT as well as front fenders. Waiting on their rear fenders because I want to put 35's on without a lift (Sport S).

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yea I have a JT on order since 5/11. Already have an MC one on order right now for the JT as well as front fenders. Waiting on their rear fenders because I want to put 35's on without a lift (Sport S).
Awesome!

wonder if this means stingers are illegal in wisconsin, lol, "
(c) No bumper may be damaged or distorted so that it projects away from the vehicle in a manner which creates a hazard.
History: Cr. Register, February, 1996, No. 482, eff. 3-1-96; am. (1) (a), Register, October, 1997, No. 502, eff. 11-1-97."

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crap, it also says, So i guess if a nit-picky state trooper had an issue they might quote this surface area section. Or if you get in an accident.
Trans 305.18 

Bumpers.

(a) Every motor vehicle manufactured after September 1, 1972, and required by federal law to be equipped with bumpers or crash resistance protection, or both, shall be equipped with bumpers which shall be maintained in good condition and in conformity with this section. Replacement equipment shall be the same type as originally required or of equivalent size, strength and surface area. The bumpers may be mounted externally on the vehicle or installed within the front and rear extremes of the vehicle.
(b) Every homemade or reconstructed motor vehicle registered after January 1, 1975, shall be equipped with front and rear bumpers which provide damage protection that is equivalent to that provided by the bumpers of vehicles manufactured for sale in the year the homemade or reconstructed vehicle is first registered. Such bumpers may be mounted externally on the vehicle or installed within the front and rear extremes of the vehicle. Homemade and reconstructed vehicles registered in Wisconsin prior to March 1, 1996 may comply with either this section or the previous rules governing homemade vehicles.
(c) Light trucks manufactured on or after January 1, 1997 are required to have rear end protection in accordance with s. Trans 305.56. Light trucks operated under s. 341.47 (1), Stats., are exempt from the requirements of this paragraph.
(2) 
(a) All required bumpers shall be securely mounted to the vehicle and at a height that does not vary from the manufacturer's specifications by more than is permitted under s. 347.455, Stats. In the absence of manufacturer's specifications, every required bumper shall provide a contact point no higher than 30 inches from the level surface on which the vehicle stands.
(b) No required bumper may be constructed of wood except that an additional wood bumper may be added to a legal metal bumper.
Trans 305.18(2)(c)(c) No bumper may be damaged or distorted so that it projects away from the vehicle in a manner which creates a hazard.
History: Cr. Register, February, 1996, No. 482, eff. 3-1-96; am. (1) (a), Register, October, 1997, No. 502, eff. 11-1-97.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crap, it also says, So i guess if a nit-picky state trooper had an issue they might quote this surface area section. Or if you get in an accident.
Trans 305.18 

Bumpers.

(a) Every motor vehicle manufactured after September 1, 1972, and required by federal law to be equipped with bumpers or crash resistance protection, or both, shall be equipped with bumpers which shall be maintained in good condition and in conformity with this section. Replacement equipment shall be the same type as originally required or of equivalent size, strength and surface area. The bumpers may be mounted externally on the vehicle or installed within the front and rear extremes of the vehicle.
(b) Every homemade or reconstructed motor vehicle registered after January 1, 1975, shall be equipped with front and rear bumpers which provide damage protection that is equivalent to that provided by the bumpers of vehicles manufactured for sale in the year the homemade or reconstructed vehicle is first registered. Such bumpers may be mounted externally on the vehicle or installed within the front and rear extremes of the vehicle. Homemade and reconstructed vehicles registered in Wisconsin prior to March 1, 1996 may comply with either this section or the previous rules governing homemade vehicles.
(c) Light trucks manufactured on or after January 1, 1997 are required to have rear end protection in accordance with s. Trans 305.56. Light trucks operated under s. 341.47 (1), Stats., are exempt from the requirements of this paragraph.
(2) 
(a) All required bumpers shall be securely mounted to the vehicle and at a height that does not vary from the manufacturer's specifications by more than is permitted under s. 347.455, Stats. In the absence of manufacturer's specifications, every required bumper shall provide a contact point no higher than 30 inches from the level surface on which the vehicle stands.
(b) No required bumper may be constructed of wood except that an additional wood bumper may be added to a legal metal bumper.
Trans 305.18(2)(c)(c) No bumper may be damaged or distorted so that it projects away from the vehicle in a manner which creates a hazard.
History: Cr. Register, February, 1996, No. 482, eff. 3-1-96; am. (1) (a), Register, October, 1997, No. 502, eff. 11-1-97.
Ouch. Yupp you're kind of out of luck for on road use with a stinger :/.

Bull bar is still viable for you though!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ouch. Yupp you're kind of out of luck for on road use with a stinger :/.

Bull bar is still viable for you though!
But my son likes big hoops officer!
Quadratec QRC is a somewhat nod to the smittybilt XRC i think. I've read the smittybilt is really heavy. So much that some guys complain it sags the front end? Is that possible?

Wonder if this "protrudes" too much?
20180713_142410.jpg

Depends on the angle, it might not even protrude past the face of the bumper.
IMG_3177.jpg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMAO - everytime I see the threads title I think of MC Hammer (with a twist).....

I like big hoops and I cannot lie.....
That's not MC Hammer son, that's Sir Mix-A-Lot

"My home-boy (Jake) tried to warn me, but them hoops you got, making me so Rocky?"

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But my son likes big hoops officer!
Quadratec QRC is a somewhat nod to the smittybilt XRC i think. I've read the smittybilt is really heavy. So much that some guys complain it sags the front end? Is that possible?

Wonder if this "protrudes" too much?
20180713_142410.jpg

Depends on the angle, it might not even protrude past the face of the bumper.
IMG_3177.jpg
I think that is ok. SOme bull bars come straight up and do not angle out either so those are options too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is ok. SOme bull bars come straight up and do not angle out either so those are options too.
yeah, they just kinda go straight up, over and straight down?

Like with everything i'm making sacrifices, to looks to limit me being sued, getting pulled over after perhaps one too many Lattes. Wanting my kids to still think its a "monster truck" and also be functional/useful with my probably intended uses.

Sure I want the most wheel clearance and think i'm going to tear up some rocks, but....maybe not. Luckily that Quadratec QRC is only like $350. So then after all you other guys post your sweet bumper setups, i can buy something else in 2-3 years.

Anybody else care to chime in about bumpers, or butts, or plywood, or hoops?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
c,mon now.
A bull bar isn't "distorted so that it projects away from the vehicle in a manner which creates a hazard".

Now, THIS on the other hand:

upload_2019-6-3_13-11-9.png

:like:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c,mon now.
A bull bar isn't "distorted so that it projects away from the vehicle in a manner which creates a hazard".

Now, THIS on the other hand:

upload_2019-6-3_13-11-9.png

:like:
Damnit Steffen, you done gone and put that pole thingy back on the wagon and now somebody will trip over it.
Sponsored

Reactions: JP1