Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I looked at the backing plate for the door and might just keep it the way it is. I'm thinking about using this cap wrench as a staring point putting it behind the charge port opening and mounting the quick connect chuck to it. I've got to see if there enough space
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKA6LXA/
Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I would push it out a bit more if possible. That looks like it might be difficult using the quick connect. I love this mod and will probably go this route when I put air in the glady.
That was just to get the rough positions for the holes. The cardboard didn't hold up the chuck too well. Haha

Here's the bracket.
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220415_155416

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220415_155614

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220415_155555

Primering the cowl now. Got a can of factory match and will coat it with 2k max.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
That was just to get the rough positions for the holes. The cardboard didn't hold up the chuck too well. Haha

Here's the bracket.

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220415_155555

Primering the cowl now. Got a can of factory match and will coat it with 2k max.
interest Easter egg… jeep climbing state of Virginia…

Sponsored

TrevorAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland

Here's the bracket.

Will you take some measurements how tall you made your bracket and all please. Also let us know how rattle canning goes. I’m tempted that route

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer

Here's the bracket.

Now that you have it all togetherm how easy is it to use the quick connect for the arb hose?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Will you take some measurements how tall you made your bracket and all please. Also let us know how rattle canning goes. I’m tempted that route
This bracket will get you 85% of the way there. I used a straight tie that I bent. This bracket would have been a better starting point. I might still just pick one up and replace the one I made.

The factory bolt is slighty offset from the port hole on the charge door. Best thing to do is open up one of the holes for the factory bolt. Test fit it with the door and use a marker to mark the spot to drill a hole for the chuck.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-A33-Angle/1095119

White primer and paint match.

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220418_070235

Last edited:

TrevorAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
This bracket will get you 85% of the way there. I used a straight tie that I bent. This bracket would have been a better starting point. I might still just pick one up and replace the one I made.

The factory bolt is slighty offset from the port hole on the charge door. Best thing to do is open up one of the holes for the factory bolt. Test fit it with the door and use a marker to mark the spot to drill a hole for the chuck.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Simpson-Strong-Tie-A33-Angle/1095119

White primer and paint match.

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220418_070235
Perfect. Thank you sir. I had used the arb mount but not quite as strong as I’d like it to be. Last step is to run my braided hose line to the back

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Dumb question but what does the manifold kit do? Does that allow some stored air in that little tank?
If you want to run air lockers or other air controlled items. Like the evo no limits disconnect mod.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2004 TJ Wrangler X
Occupation
Welder/CWI
During the curing process, clear coat orange peeled. Will have to buffering down with a denim pad at some point. In the meantime, I added a decal. Well, two sort of. I ordered a black and red and mixed them together.
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 20220506_082820
Where did you get those jump wings?