First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
Would the rest fogs they work if wired directly to the front fog lights themselves? They wouldn’t be independently selectable but if i need my front fogs on, I want the rear ones on as well.
yeah, you could tap into them so they work as you described. You would just need to know the amp draw of the added rear fogs and make sure the fuse can handle it
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
So on my PPV there was no foglights and it was not turned on in the BCM. So I ran a harness from the lights to the fuse box > and used an add a fuse, jumped off from the park lights to power pin 86 at the relay(had to open the relay and solder pin 86 to the add a fuse) to make them work w/o the reflash. It was a 15 amp circuit and the LED bulbs in the foglights were only rated for like 5 amps. Its been 2 years now and no issue.

In theory you could or should be able to run the add a fuse off from the foglight fuse to provide power and then ground everything off the frame. Perk to this would be keeping that extra AUX switch open for other accessories and when ever you turn the foglights on, it should fire the rear foglights w/o issue or need for headaches/playing with the BCM.

Being retired Army, we like the KISS approach....Keep It Simple Stupid; AND would minimize buying extra stuff/shit.

Please feel free to add your thoughts and trouble shoot this; I'm a big boy, you're not going to offend me. And the weak sarcasm from some of the members here makes me giggle thinking they're hardcore mofos........sorry but those that make the most noise are paying people/shops to work in their rigs. Contribute in a honest manner or move on in a silent manner...... if not you're just a troll.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
FYI this will also work if you happen to have picked up the oracle integrated rear bumper LEDs. No issues with it being wired into the BCM and you can use the fog light switch to turn them on/off

IMG_9114.jpg
what tails are those?

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
@mjoneil This write up was awesome: Thank you!

You inspired me, after much thought about adding the rear fogs, to use the BCM output for my aftermarket driving/fog lights.

I tapped into the BCM C6 pin (I just happened to have 1.2mm TE MCON receptacles) and am using that pin to switch a relay to actually power the lights. Now I don't have to use an AUX switch or a 3rd party switch: it's built right into the JT!

Appreciate the information

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs 1668133023648

Sponsored

wrangler 17io

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR TJ J10 SJ and MJ
Hello @mjoneil !
This post was very precious for me here in France with a US Gladiator in my hands. So I worked on your post my self, I have bought all parts you have described and have working with a friend to install the fog lights and wire on the BCM. The BCM didn't work very well after (no wipers, night lights only L front and R rear, and other little things). I suppose the engine was not full OFF during the working.
I bought another new BCM in USA, put in the truck with my local JEEP dealershop here in France. Every thing is using right on the truck, and still have to finish these rear fog lights install.

I just have received the Ztazer mini to change the order:
- I have tried Fogs En YES + Fogs drop YES + Fogs led YES, no result
- I have tried in the same order YES + NO + YES, no result
- I have tried YES + NO + NO, no result
I need help please. I know a german dealershop which can do the working, but it is about 1000km from my home... No french society is right to do it around my place

Thanks a lot. Oliver

Last edited:

Vanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hey @mjoneil do you think this can be done on a wrangler jl ? but the looks of it the BCM pins are the same, the only portion I would have to rework is a harness to connect my own fog lights.

Also do you know how much amps/v are available from the BCM pins ?