Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I actually did the same probably about a month ago. I was texting someone from Z and they mentioned they see the fog setting but he never ended up saying if/when he was going to add it in. As far as the euro LEDs, I honestly have no clue what the output is/how big the LEDs are. I can double check shortly on that though. If oracle went with the full LED instead of half LED/half reflector I probably would've tried them out.
If you do check it out the light specs (size/power) please let me know! Personally I'm glad they went half light/half reflector, it leaves some hope I can do both, even if I have to try and mod it somehow. I forgot we can text tazer, I'll do that now in addition to the email and see if I get a response committing to it.
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Thanks to a thread started by JTRUBI and with the help of others like flipmode, (message me to add your name bc there were so many, I lost track), we were able to put all the pieces to the puzzle together and get the rear fog lights wired and working like EU models. These rear fogs will replace your lame reflectors :)

OEM fog button will work as follows

1st click: Front fogs on
2nd click: Front and Rear fogs on
3rd click: Front fogs only again
4th click: all off

Rear fogs are indicated by orange rear facing light symbol.
IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

Parts:

1. Rear Bumper wiring harness - 68349976AC - $29 (license plate harness but it works for fogs)

2. Rear fog left - 68338391AA - $33

3. Rear fog right - 68338390AA - $33

4. 2.8mm female pin for BCM: 10757690-L - $2

5. 1.2mm female pin for BCM: 1452668-3 -$2

6. 18awg wire – enough to route under the jeep

7. JSCAN

8. zip ties

These 2 are optional. I like to do as much OEM as possible, so I pinned them into the existing body harness. You can also order any 2pin waterproof quick disconnect from AutoZone or similar store or just wire them from the rear fog all the way to the BCM.

- 1.2mm Pins for body harness: 2177610-3 - $2

- 1.2mm cable seals: 964972-1 - $2

Prep Work:
The way the harness comes will not work as easy as plug and play. This is because each rear fog uses its own source in the BCM. The harness as ordered is designed for license plate lights which both use the same 1 source.

The end goal here is to make sure each fog plug has pin2 grounded and pin1 needs to have it’s own wire

Example:
You will get the harness like so
Photoshop1.jpg

Goal: is to make sure each plug has an individual pin1 wire with pin2 being grounded

photoshop2.jpg

If going the OEM wiring route, this diagram is of how it should be wired to the existing harness. Wires outlined in red are already there from existing oem body harness to license plate lights and ground. If you don't want to wire into this harness, you don't need to but the blue and pink wire need to go all the way to the BCM regardless.
photoshop3.jpg

Step1:

Remove rear reflectors and put in rear fogs. Each reflector/fog has three 7mm bolts. You can get to all 3 with the bumper still on.. the bottom 2 are easy but the top 1 may require a 1/4 ratchet with a longer 7mm socket.

IMG_8254.jpg

Step2:
Plug in the rear fogs

Pin in the new harness you got to the existing body harness attached to the frame or if you purchased a quick disconnect, wire that up.

For those going the OEM route, currently its wired as so:
pin1: LICENSE PLATE LAMP DRIVER
pin2: empty
pin3: empty
pin4: GROUND
harnessbefore.jpg

With the new rear harness, once pinned into the BCM, it will act as the following:

pin1: LICENSE PLATE LAMP DRIVER
pin2: FOG RR LAMP FEED 2
pin3: REAR FOG LAMP FEED
pin4: GROUND
harnessafter.jpg

Again, these were the optional parts mentioned above(1.2mm pins) to wire into body harness

IMG_8223.jpg

Step3:

(much easier if you drop spare tire) and wire all the way up to, and through the passenger’s firewall. Google "adding AUX kit to JL/JT" and you will get plenty of hits on how to wire through the firewall.

Step4:

The fun part, working with the BCM. Disconnect battery before working on this just in case.
The goal here is to wire the 2 fogs into the BCM.
Again, you can google adding in the "AUX kit" or "adding Mopar LED headlights" Both of those videos will show you how to work with the BCM plugs far better then I can explain in writing.

1 of the wires need to go to BCM C6/F pin 5 (this pin is 1.2mm)
the other wire needs to go BCM C5/E pin 39 (this pin is 2.8mm)
it doesn't matter which one is wired to which.

1611100067965.png

C5/E pin 39 is 2.8mm
C539.jpg

C6/F - Pin 5 is a 1.2mm
c6F.jpg

Step5:
Use JSCAN to program rear fogs and you're done

Other pics for reference

pin5.PNG

bcmpin5.PNG

pin39.PNG

bcmpin39.PNG

BCM UPDATE:
EDIT:
I lied when I said watching a video on the BCM would be better... I forgot I had bought a used BCM to play around with.. so here you go!

Note: this is literally the harness for BCM C5/E in the pictures, it will be exactly like this for you.

step 1:
In this picture, this harness will be connected to the BCM. To remove, press in the button circled in red while at the same time pushing up on the gray handle. This will release it from the BCM.
bcm1.jpg

Once released, the harness will be free and will look like this.
IMG_8256.jpg

Step 2:
Stick a small flathead screwdriver in this little clip to release the inner wiring harness
bcm2.jpg

Top view of where flathead needs to go
bcm3.jpg

Step 3:
While the flathead screwdriver is in, pull out the inner harness. I did this by gently pulling on the wires to get it started. Don't worry, the wires are not gonna come out by you pulling.
IMG_8259.jpg

Step 4:
plug your new wire in the empty hole. Refer to diagrams above on where to place wires. On the large black harness, the pins are also labeled if you have good eye sight. You will hear an audible click when seating the wire/pin in. Give it a gentle tug to make sure it will not come out.

IMG_8261.jpg

Step 5:
Put the smaller harness back into the large one. Pretty straight forward and a note, the red circled grooves are what lock the pins in even more so if your pin isn't fully seated, it's not making it past those grooves.
bcm4.jpg

and just like that you are a master at working with the BCM

pin5.PNG
I am doing this as soon as the weather is warm. Would have been nice to have today but it just got above 0 for the first time in a week.. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER!

YAABUGGN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500, 2001 Audi TT
Occupation
Aeronautical Radio Operator
Parts:
4. 2.8mm female pin for BCM: 10757690-L - $2

5. 1.2mm female pin for BCM:
1452668-3 -$2

do you have a link or location where you bought these pins from?
every site i’ve looked at is so far trying to get me to spend $50

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
FYI this will also work if you happen to have picked up the oracle integrated rear bumper LEDs. No issues with it being wired into the BCM and you can use the fog light switch to turn them on/off

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs IMG_9114

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the link. What about the 2.8 pin… do you have a direct link to that?
That I do not.. I actually got the 2.8 pin from a used BCM I got off ebay. I lucked out and got a BCM from a grand Cherokee that had the harnesses and pins for like $30. I was too lazy to research pins and harness's lol

Jeep Gladiator Write up for adding Euro spec rear fogs 1625280828387

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I actually did the same probably about a month ago. I was texting someone from Z and they mentioned they see the fog setting but he never ended up saying if/when he was going to add it in. As far as the euro LEDs, I honestly have no clue what the output is/how big the LEDs are. I can double check shortly on that though. If oracle went with the full LED instead of half LED/half reflector I probably would've tried them out.
And the Oracle would not have been legal had they removed the reflector. Check laws........ if you are hit from behind and are found to not have the legally required reflectors........

CA has the most strict laws in the country as they require reflectors to not only be present but to reflect farther than other states do.

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And the Oracle would not have been legal had they removed the reflector. Check laws........ if you are hit from behind and are found to not have the legally required reflectors........

CA has the most strict laws in the country as they require reflectors to not only be present but to reflect farther than other states do.
Yeah the oracle ones grew on me and obviously I ordered them. If they went with a full LED they could just throw the disclaimer in there that these are meant for off road use only and let the consumer use their brain lol

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
.............. and let the consumer use their brain lol
And you live on earth, in the USA? LOL ;)
This is where "consumers" sue because the coffee is too hot.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That I do not.. I actually got the 2.8 pin from a used BCM I got off ebay. I lucked out and got a BCM from a grand Cherokee that had the harnesses and pins for like $30. I was too lazy to research pins and harness's lol

1625280828387.png
do yo have the p/n for that bcm pictured? I may try to go that route. Also... does that mean you ended up not needing the other pins you ordered from mouser, or did you still need the additional 1.2 pins?

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
do yo have the p/n for that bcm pictured? I may try to go that route. Also... does that mean you ended up not needing the other pins you ordered from mouser, or did you still need the additional 1.2 pins?
I do not have a P/N - But most jeeps have that same BCM in the last 7-8 years. that one was from a grand Cherokee. All those wires in that BCM are female so for the other 1.2 male I had to order from mouser.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have a P/N - But most jeeps have that same BCM in the last 7-8 years. that one was from a grand Cherokee. All those wires in that BCM are female so for the other 1.2 male I had to order from mouser.
All good, I found the pins based on your part numbers so I'll go that route. Thanks!

OSPR3Y

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Would the rest fogs they work if wired directly to the front fog lights themselves? They wouldn’t be independently selectable but if i need my front fogs on, I want the rear ones on as well.
Sponsored