Wrong way to park a Gladiator .

Bownhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , Crossfire , Pilot
Jeep Gladiator Wrong way to park a Gladiator . 20210613_182136
Jeep Gladiator Wrong way to park a Gladiator . 20210613_183735

On my way to work tonight and was T-boned by a woman who ran a red light as I was turning. I came out with some sore ribs, but made it in to work. Poor Gladiator took a beating and hopefully isn't totalled. Red light runners car didn't fare so well but she only had a hurt wrist. Funny thing is none of my glass busted except for crack in windshield.
Sponsored

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Man that sucks at least you are okay. Looks totaled but until a shop gives a estimate you won't know. Good luck.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Hate that happened to you! Great you're not hurt any worse. Time will tell if they total it, but from experience, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I trust she has a good insurance plan and company. Best of luck to you!!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Ouch. This sucks. Glad everyone is OK.
I’m betting they total it: looks like the cab will need replaced, which will be very labor-intensive.
Good luck!

Kevin

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I know you don’t want it totaled, but I think you’d be muc my better off. Not only from how much it would take to repair, but from a mechanical standpoint. A lot of parts took a lot of force in directions they weren’t designed to. Bearings, axles, oil issues from seeping where it shouldn’t on its side.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Glad you are OK. Just observing locally there have been way too many accidents over the last few months. Many fatal. I guess people forgot how to drive during the covid-19 lock down.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Glad you are ok.

Looks like a Tesla in the intersection. Did a Tesla hit you?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Glad you are OK. I'm sorry people suck.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Looks light the height of the Gladiator allowed impact force to be converted lifting and rolling vehicle. How big was the other vehicle.

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I know it depends on the insurance company, I have USAA and when my wife has a wreck in her TJ they didn't even look at it. It's on its side it's totaled.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Looks like the gladiator did its job and protected you from what could be a very serious collision. Having kids in the back, getting t-boned is a nightmare of mine. I hope those ribs don't stay sore for long.

Did you climb out the window?

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
That should buff out if not just always get in on the passenger side and you will never see it glad you’re ok but it looks totaled to me I wouldn’t want it back

jpjpjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I got into an accident which caused a lot of damage to the front end of my 10 y/o XJ. The insurance company was going to total it, but since the XJ's weren't being made anymore I expressed an interest in fixing it. I think I drove it another five years. If it was someone else's dime and insurance company paying for it (which they should because they are at fault), I would look to replace the vehicle given the circumstances.
I am curious what car hit you and at what speed? One of my only concerns about a gladiator is how safe they would be in an accident so I am curious.
Glad you are ok. Hope you still get checked out though. I got slow speed t-boned by a car while I was on a mountain bike and rolled over the hood of the car. I was sore and checked out fine, but I was glad I got checked out.
Sponsored