kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
That's the same exact set that I have, I've got about 10,000 miles on mine, and so far no issues. Here's to hoping that stays true.
they should be just fine for normal driving conditions and the jeep dealership is doing them not some backyard mechanic.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Well i am gonna try the yukon gears . Theres thousands of yukon gears out there if they were that bad they wouldnt be in business . I am going with 4.88s. Ive been trying to get danas since early november with no luck so i am pretty tired of the hassle. Wish me luck !
I'm seeing 4.88 dana's in stock, what are you missing?

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
The thing with the yukons seems to be the source. From another thread, ppl burying yukons from say amazon are more likely to get yukon clones/counterfeits/cast offs. The safest bet is to purchase the gears through a driveline shop that does installs all day. They have their trusted suppliers they get gears from cause they don't want to do warranty work for free because they installed a crappy products.

Go find a local driveline/axle shop and talk to them. 4x4 shops/mechanic shops and such are less likely to have the same insider relationship with gear vendors.

Most gears I believe now are only coming out of a few factories in Korea and China and Dana being the only US made gears.
I read that even dana is coming from south korea.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
yes, pm me what you're missing and i will send you links, dont want to post them here as i'd rather you get first crack
Thanks but the shop already ordered my stuff yesterday and took my deposit.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Thanks but the shop already ordered my stuff yesterday and took my deposit.
Any reports? Really close to pulling the trigger on re-gearing. Have 4.10'a in mine and it's doggin on the highway pretty bad. Just got off the phone w my local 4x4 shop and they're still sticking w Yukons and a lifetime warranty w their "YES" plan.

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Any reports? Really close to pulling the trigger on re-gearing. Have 4.10'a in mine and it's doggin on the highway pretty bad. Just got off the phone w my local 4x4 shop and they're still sticking w Yukons and a lifetime warranty w their "YES" plan.
I just hit my 500 mile break in mark and no issues. The only problem i had was i ordered the kit with the new differential covers and they sent the wrong ones. I am happy with the 4.88s the power is acceptable and my mileage went from 13/14mpg to 17/18 mpg these were my goals for upgrading. I have to take it back next wed. to get the gear fluid changed and there gonna check the mesh again. Nothing to complain about.

Snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I'm on Yukon 5.13 gears, and so far, no issues after about 3k. Fingers crossed! :)
Sponsored