yukon gears ?

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
i am having a hard time finding dana gears for my truck and dont feel like waiting 6 months till they make more so my question is. Are yukon gears any good yet i hear mixed reviews on them ?
Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Run... run fast.

I think they used to be top quality, but recently heard very bad reviews. Two shops in my area won't even use them on a JT anymore and only use Dana Spicer or Revolution now.

Which gears were you wanting? I just had a quote for 5.13 Dana's and was given a 2-week lead time.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Yukon is now China trash.......wait for the good stuff.,

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Yukon is hit or miss with quality now. A lot of negative stuff being posted about them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
doesnt seem to be much options out there now. Anybody use revolution gears ?

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine whine. Had a second shop verify contact pattern and said it looked fine, but the gears themselves must just not be that great.

IdahoRubicon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
What gears do you have that whine?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I have a buddy that installs literally hundreds of jl and JT gears a year, it's basically his shops bread and butter. He refuses to use anything other than Dana spicer (first choice) or revolution as they're the only ones he's found to have little to no complaints.

When I was researching gears I found Yukon had the most complaints, while I couldn't find a single Dana spicer set that had whine reported here or the jl forum.

I believe the Dana spicers should be coming in to stock toward the end of the month as that's what they told me last month when I was helping a buddy find gears.

Sponsored

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I believe the Dana spicers should be coming in to stock toward the end of the month as that's what they told me last month when I was helping a buddy find gears.
Hoping for this. I'm not in a big hurry, but I actually called Dana Spicer CS to confirm the numbers on my gears that did show up. I was told over the phone that all Dana geaers are cut to be +-0, meaning (in theory) all dana spicer R&Ps should basically bolt in with the factory shim thickness.

I'll still be running a pattern just to be sure, but if Dana Spicer is comfortable enough to be stamping this on their pinions and telling customers this over the phone, that tells me they are doing something right.

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Well i am gonna try the yukon gears . Theres thousands of yukon gears out there if they were that bad they wouldnt be in business . I am going with 4.88s. Ive been trying to get danas since early november with no luck so i am pretty tired of the hassle. Wish me luck !

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Well i am gonna try the yukon gears . Theres thousands of yukon gears out there if they were that bad they wouldnt be in business . I am going with 4.88s. Ive been trying to get danas since early november with no luck so i am pretty tired of the hassle. Wish me luck !
That's the same exact set that I have, I've got about 10,000 miles on mine, and so far no issues. Here's to hoping that stays true.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
The thing with the yukons seems to be the source. From another thread, ppl burying yukons from say amazon are more likely to get yukon clones/counterfeits/cast offs. The safest bet is to purchase the gears through a driveline shop that does installs all day. They have their trusted suppliers they get gears from cause they don't want to do warranty work for free because they installed a crappy products.

Go find a local driveline/axle shop and talk to them. 4x4 shops/mechanic shops and such are less likely to have the same insider relationship with gear vendors.

Most gears I believe now are only coming out of a few factories in Korea and China and Dana being the only US made gears.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
1 year on my 4.88 Yukons and no complaints.
Sponsored