TooChill4

First Name
Teo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator JT
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like the BT speakers were problematic for more than a few. Mine never worked, but between the dealer and FCA, I got a new one that worked. Minor issue in the grand scheme. No issues other than that at 10K miles, knock wood.
I couldn't connect with the BT speakers, but found a thread that had a way to reset them (besides the reset button) that was able to connect them to my phone. They're able to connect to only one phone at a time. - op
Sponsored

LynHunter

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I had the engine misfire and other small electrical issues. I was hoping just to get a replacement Gladiator, but I lost my respect for the brand as a whole. One thing to consider before buying a Gladiator is that you will see in these forums with this and other probelms is that many of us felt mistreated, ignored, dismissed, cheated, and quite jerked around by Jeep/Chrysler customer service. I used to be loyal Jeep (15 year happy Cherokee) owner, but after 5 months of poor customer service and oh so many ridiculous hoops and delays, some one finally stepped up and agreed to buy my truck back. It took another month to actually get any $, and they have not paid the loan paid off yet 'because of covid'. If you get one of the good Jeeps, you probably don't have to worry or get an attorney, but if you get one of the many with issues, you will probably get an exasperating lack of customer service and your own attorney.

RVcruzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
5K miles since last October. Zero issues and it has the same 3.6 that was in our 2012 JK Wranglers. 90K miles on one of them and 14K on the other with no issues either.

JK's JT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
So, quick question...how many Gladiators are out there that have not had any issues with engine misfiring?

There are a ton of people on here that have the issue, nearly zero that have been able to get it fixed and many that ended up in the buy-back/lemon law process. Hell, there's even one that Lemon Law'd due to misfire...got a new one and is having the same issue.

I had read about it, figured "there's a ton out there that perfectly fine, it's just a vocal couple with the issue" Then my parents purchased a Gladiator....sure enough...engine misfire...same process I read about...and ended up Lemon Law.

With this thread I'm just trying to convince myself to give it another shot. For them...and the Gladiator I ordered and am waiting on.
OneBadHombre,

I've had my "Mistress" for just about 3500 miles and I haven't had any of the issues you mention/address. Matter of fact, it's the first time I have heard of this. Misfires indicate bad timing and I can't imagine sparkplugs going bad that quickly. The only thing that comes to my mind is "additive" electrical work. As Jeep owners... we are prone to tinkering and it makes me wonder if you did do any electrical, if that may be the issue? Not saying that is the case at all... just thinking and typing out loud. I do hope that you have this issue resolved though and I will be paying close attention to my Gladiator with this new knowledge.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Bought in December 2019, currently have ~4500 miles. The powertrain has been fantastic. Steering is loose but it doesn't bother me enough to deal with the dealership until there's a fix. Also, the Bluetooth speaker won't connect without factory resetting it each time but will wait for something else to be needed before going in just for that. The dealerships here are awful...
@mr_bots
Thanks for sharing the trouble you've had with you Gladiator- please know that our team would gladly offer our support during a dealer visit. In the future, feel free to send us a private message and we would be happy to assist!
Kathryn
JeepCares

Had the first CEL at 450 miles... code 300 (multi-cylinder misfire). Dealer kept it for a couple days, reset the computer and could not get the light to come back on after driving it for 25 miles. I took it home. At 975 miles, CEL comes on again, same issue, They kept it 6 days, driving it each day, no light. I now have it back and am almost afraid to drive it. I have a case number with Jeep Cares, and if it happens again, I'm taking it back and pursuing the Lemon Law. Have a bunch of mods on it already, so am assuming FCA will reimburse for the cost of all the extra toys I have.
Hi @JayHop
We are sorry to hear the concerns you are currently facing here. If you would like me to look into your case for more information, feel free to send our team a private message.
Kathryn
JeepCares

My CEL and ESS light came on at 2900 miles. CEL went out after 3 start cycles. ESS comes on every once in awhile. I'm at 3300 miles now. Love my truck. I'll get these issues looked at first oil change. Don't want to bother now.
@Hockeypilot44
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your vehicle, and are happy to hear that you intend to have this diagnosed by your dealer. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
No issues at about 4500 miles (seven months, thanks to C19.) Runs like a charm, actually. I've done a lot of work to it already, so I really, really hope I don't have any major issues develop. But so far we love it.

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
  • Took delivery of my GCM LE in late September. No problems noted 7600 miles.

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My Gladiator was delivered 7/7/2019 and I have racked up over 12K miles driving, wheeling and hauling... no engine or drivetrain issues.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
How do you like the gearing? I have a hard time on my commute with some low mph back windy roads because I wanna stay in 3rd but my rpms drop to 1500rpm temporary until I can accelerate again. If I drop it to 2nd in that same situation the RPMs climb way high and I feel like I'm over reving it. I guess I'm not lugging it unless I'm below 1500 rpm but it's awful close.
I’m pretty happy with the gearing. It’s not perfect but its a well thought out compromise between street worthiness and trial use. I’ve had a LOT of manual trucks over the years and this one is as versatile as any.

Sponsored

Flmthwr65

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Just over 8000 on mine. It my be misfiring all the time because it sure eats gas......but it climbs trees so I am real good. Named her skwrrrrrl.

OLBIG

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Willys pickup, 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Pipefitter Welder
bought my JK 1/2/20, 5600 miles no problems, love it so much I bought my wife a Grand Cherokee 2/8/20. No problems. As an aside my 63 willys pickup has 76000 original miles on the 230 OHV 6 and runs like a raped ape. I love jeeps, only problem no jeep waves with the willys, nobody knows it is a jeep!!!

Ringmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
8000 miles. Idles a little rough at times, but could be the gas. It does have a mouse that lives somewhere in the rear - hope it is not the differential. Once a day when I leave work there is a squeak coming from somewhere in that area. Three squeaks to be exact. Then nothing the rest of the day. Weird - always three squeaks. But hey - I had a $70,000 Challenger Hellcat that was in the shop twice before I got 3,000 miles on it.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I've had my JTRLE since July 2019 and have approximately 7,500 miles on the machine, to date.

This thing has been absolutely flawless and no issues to speak of. That was a concern when I ordered on 4/4/19.

It does disturb me that others have had issues with their JTs. I'm especially surprised about engine issues since the engine is known to be solid and is used throughout the entire lineup.

Whatever is causing the problem for some owners, I really hope things get figured out so you all can go back to enjoying what I find to be, a wonderful vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: