Sponsored

ZF 8HP Transmission Service

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
250
Messages
40,616
Reaction score
54,299
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
I call shenanigans on both, they both want to sell or lease you a new "lifetime" vehicle every 3-4 years. I'd still have my '14 Cherokee as a second vehicle, but I asked about transmission service at about 120k miles and they said bluntly NO, they'd have to pull the engine to get at the transmission fill hole..... That's paraphrase but not far off..... Shenanigans
If I had transmissions fail, I would not go back to that brand. So I call bunk. Would you keep going back?
Sponsored

 

Stan H

Well-Known Member
First Name
Stanley
Joined
Oct 26, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
5,893
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I call shenanigans on both, they both want to sell or lease you a new "lifetime" vehicle every 3-4 years. I'd still have my '14 Cherokee as a second vehicle, but I asked about transmission service at about 120k miles and they said bluntly NO, they'd have to pull the engine to get at the transmission fill hole..... That's paraphrase but not far off..... Shenanigans
Shenanigans...lol yeah I'm down for that 😂
 
 







Top