Sponsored

A/C intermittently blows hot outside air

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Jeep has said it is working as intended. Maybe with enough complaints they changed it but I was told multiple times by dealers on my new at the time 2020 it was operating as intended and it was to prevent icing up or moisture build up. Interesting that the TSB changes it but doesnt explain anything about its operational changes.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry, but it seems pretty benign to me. It does it, it's odd, and 5 seconds later it's relegated to the past until the next time it does it. I've driven 10k miles and it's done it maybe 5 times. I can understand how others perceive it differently though. Thankfully I don't drive by any cow pastures or Kraft paper mills regularly..
You got a 2022 and already have the TSB update Software. What you experience is nothing like those with early 2021 and prior had. It was almost full hot unregulated air being blown in the foot well areas and certain intervals. Was more noticeable in summer weather than winter weather.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
I can't comment on the older way then. Mines a 5 second pulse of ambient outside warm out then it's done and it's not very obtrusive.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I can't comment on the older way then. Mines a 5 second pulse of ambient outside warm out then it's done and it's not very obtrusive.
Before the update, it was like 10 minutes or more it would open up and just be full hot temp air. We had a pretty epic thread a couple of years ago and actually one member that was diabetic make a waaaaaaaaaay big stink about it and claiming it was causing 2nd degree burns to his feet because he could not feel the initial temp increase. He eventually got banned because most thought he was making a mountain out of a mole hill and he would interject the issue in other threads that had nothing to do with it.

ROC

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
got rid of my 15 f250 gasser for my gladiator and while its not Gonna do what my f250 did I enjoy my gladiator much more. This is my first Jeep so time will tell but so far no regrets.

Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
You got a 2022 and already have the TSB update Software. What you experience is nothing like those with early 2021 and prior had. It was almost full hot unregulated air being blown in the foot well areas and certain intervals. Was more noticeable in summer weather than winter weather.
I thought it was an imbalance of pressure that caused that. Now that I see there is a TSB for it I will def have them do it while they replace my rear window for leakage. Mine does it about 2-3 times on a two hour drive.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I wish there was a TSB for the hot air that's blown at a traffic light when the POS start/stop function kicks in. :no::no::no::punch::punch::punch:

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Jeep has said it is working as intended. Maybe with enough complaints they changed it but I was told multiple times by dealers on my new at the time 2020 it was operating as intended and it was to prevent icing up or moisture build up. Interesting that the TSB changes it but doesnt explain anything about its operational changes.
Have you read up on the multitude of threads that @ShadowsPapa was mentioning earlier? Because what we're talking about is not "working as intended". Jeep has acknowledged this is "not as intended" by developing and releasing a fix for it.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I wish there was a TSB for the hot air that's blown at a traffic light when the POS start/stop function kicks in. :no::no::no::punch::punch::punch:
Called a Tazer. Best... purchase... ever.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There won't be any TSB. There's already a button on the dash to control it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
On my Overland (early 2019) it usually lasts for about a minute. I've never timed it to be sure. It does happen about every 45 minutes when running continuously. I keep the AC and Recirc on all the time (year round) with a 68 degree temp setting.
Sponsored