First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
anyone know if this mod will work on a mojave? I think I remember seeing that the cowls are different.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
anyone know if this mod will work on a mojave? I think I remember seeing that the cowls are different.
yeah the cowls are different sizes so it will not work. you'll have to wait for them to make the 392xE JL model :LOL::LOL:

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Can you show where you mounted the ARB intake Filters?

Sponsored

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Can you show where you mounted the ARB intake Filters?
I mounted the intake right on the compressor. I need to work up a remote kit to move it to a cooler air spot. Still works though.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The Oracle Sidetracks light comes black. I’ve seen them painted and it can work visually if not a solid color. The install was easy but not completely straight forward. Behind the fender is a plug for the marker light on the fender. The key is to get on the correct side of the plug (body side). If you connect to the closer easier spot, you are unable to remove the fender without un-wiring the light. Of course every wire is a different color. Left and right sides of the jeep and both sides of the plug connecting the fender lights. Need a little trial and error. Power comes from the little floor light by the pedals.

The cowl only comes in bare plastic black. Door is powder coated. I painted the cowl before install with a rattle can paint match from auto zone.

Sponsored

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
The Oracle Sidetracks light comes black. I’ve seen them painted and it can work visually if not a solid color. The install was easy but not completely straight forward. Behind the fender is a plug for the marker light on the fender. The key is to get on the correct side of the plug (body side). If you connect to the closer easier spot, you are unable to remove the fender without un-wiring the light. Of course every wire is a different color. Left and right sides of the jeep and both sides of the plug connecting the fender lights. Need a little trial and error. Power comes from the little floor light by the pedals.

The cowl only comes in bare plastic black. Door is powder coated. I painted the cowl before install with a rattle can paint match from auto zone.
So the door is actually metal? So I could paint the cowl snazzberry and then have the door powder coated snazzberry and the only thing black would be the little ring around the door correct?

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
Is the door frame metal with a plastic panel on the outside or is the whole thing metal? I'm thinking @Threedom would make a killing making replacement covers with all sorts of designs more fitting to our taste... that is if the outer part of the door is plastic. (Edit: Looking back at Gunlovebirds1024's pic it looks like one piece...?)

And now that I think about it, perhaps they could make an internal blank back panel that fits the curve mentioned and allows us to cut into as we desire for fittings, switches, etc.?

For those of you that have done this mod already, is there any means to secure the door shut or does it just open like a gas cap door? I'm mildly concerned with people screwing with it.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So the door is actually metal? So I could paint the cowl snazzberry and then have the door powder coated snazzberry and the only thing black would be the little ring around the door correct?
that is correct unless you paint the ring (also metal) also. I kept black because I thought the paint would look rough on the already textured metal. If you are going todo all the coating I would fill the “e” in with bondo and make it smooth.

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Is the door frame metal with a plastic panel on the outside or is the whole thing metal?
door and ring are metal

cowl plastic

inside floppy piece that is a hole for the plug to charge is plastic with a flexy plastic / rubber ring that is easily cut away. Can’t remove the whole thing, keep some edge for spacing

It works like the gas cap. I have returned to my jeep in the parking lot and the door was ajar. No damage, just curious best I can tell. Locking it would be hard. My youngest thought it would be funny to turn the switch on so the compressor would start filling the tank when I turned the ignition on.
Sponsored