Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
After a few years we are back to Joshua Tree via Berdoo Canyon Trail. Amazing vistas and overlanding await. In addition to my gladiator I'm joined by my friend's Land Rover Defender Trophy Edition w/ No Boundaries (NoBo) 10.6 trailer, and Toyota Lexus Land Cruiser 6th Generation.

We start the trip out at a designated campsite so we don't have to worry about finding the perfect campsite in the dark. Usually I like the mystery of finding that epic campsite, but we are always running behind that 1st night. So having a nice place to setup in the dark is great.

I would recommend this part of Joshua tree for any stock gladiator that has a light AT tire or better. The 1st part of our trip is a very easy trail, but epically beautiful. Getting into Berdoo Canyon the trail rates as moderate, but very doable for a stock gladiator. IF you are towing a trailer like my buddy it adds a little more difficulty to the equation. And in part 2 we get ourselves stuck in a mess.

Here are some pics and the video:
Jeep Gladiator Return to Joshua Tree w/ epic drone footage 2I0A7139.00_01_04_23.Still002

Jeep Gladiator Return to Joshua Tree w/ epic drone footage 2I0A7139.00_01_59_13.Still003

Jeep Gladiator Return to Joshua Tree w/ epic drone footage 2I0A7139.00_03_32_23.Still004

Jeep Gladiator Return to Joshua Tree w/ epic drone footage 2I0A7139.00_04_30_29.Still005

Jeep Gladiator Return to Joshua Tree w/ epic drone footage 2I0A7139.00_05_49_29.Still002

Jeep Gladiator Return to Joshua Tree w/ epic drone footage 2I0A7139.00_11_52_10.Still007

2I0A7139.00_01_02_06.Still001.jpg
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Looks like a good trip. Enjoyed the great drone footage! Would like the coordinates of the protected camp site? Thanks for posting!

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
very cool trip. can't wait to see the second part.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like an amazing trip. A d absolutely love getting the kids out there and teaching them good stuff.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Joshua Tree is cool always.
Just be careful with that drone (illegal to fly in the park boundaries and can be confiscated), and I've met rangers even in remote areas of that park and usually they are carrying AR-15s (they are law enforcement.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Looks like a good trip. Enjoyed the great drone footage! Would like the coordinates of the protected camp site? Thanks for posting!
Thanks! PM sent on campsite.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Joshua Tree is cool always.
Just be careful with that drone (illegal to fly in the park boundaries and can be confiscated), and I've met rangers even in remote areas of that park and usually they are carrying AR-15s (they are law enforcement.)
Oh crap... thanks for the heads up.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Be careful at Berdoo canyon at the bottom where absolute JACKASSES are shooting. It's legal to shoot there, just be aware when driving through some moron may kill you. I was there over Thanksgiving, driving down the trail with a dune flag. Some Neanderthals were setup shooting ACROSS!!! ACROSS!!! the trail to the opposite side of the canyon they were setup at. They had tunnel vision. I luckily heard and saw them, hit the horn, and they were like "oh shit, sorry!" Had I not seen them I may have driven right through their firing path. Common sense says you setup on one side of the canyon and fire AT THAT SIDE OF THE CANYON WALL all while checking your firing path.

Insane.... people in that area do not follow a single gun safety tenet so BEWARE.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What bed rack are you running on your JT?

Sponsored

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Oh crap... thanks for the heads up.
Unfortunately, it's illegal right now to shoot any video (professional, youtube, TikTok, etc.) inside National Parks without a permit after a court ruling a couple of months ago. Hopefully, it changes with the next appeal.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be careful at Berdoo canyon at the bottom where absolute JACKASSES are shooting. It's legal to shoot there, just be aware when driving through some moron may kill you. I was there over Thanksgiving, driving down the trail with a dune flag. Some Neanderthals were setup shooting ACROSS!!! ACROSS!!! the trail to the opposite side of the canyon they were setup at. They had tunnel vision. I luckily heard and saw them, hit the horn, and they were like "oh shit, sorry!" Had I not seen them I may have driven right through their firing path. Common sense says you setup on one side of the canyon and fire AT THAT SIDE OF THE CANYON WALL all while checking your firing path.

Insane.... people in that area do not follow a single gun safety tenet so BEWARE.
You are 100% correct. In fact the closer you are to the main paved road the sketchier it is. Covered in glass and a lot of trash. My 2nd video coming up will show a couple great camping spots that you need a decent 4x4 to get up on the ridge.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What bed rack are you running on your JT?
JCR rack with a special tonneau cover that fits perfectly. I love it, but as my boys get bigger I might need to go with a topper to haul all our stuff.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how I have missed this channel but im tossing a sub your way.
I love the layout and style. Great stuff. Ive been working to add more voice over work to my own videos and was wondering what your mic setup was?
Thanks! I'm already following your channel ;)

I went with a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD USB Audio Interface paired up w/ a Samson Q2U microphone. It's not the best microphone, but it's versatile. I can use the USB or an audio interface when recording.

I'm still trying to improve on the voice overs... I have found it to be harder than I thought.
Sponsored