1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Sweet!!!

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
by the looks of the damage to the camo the worries people have about the break over & departure angles might be justified

OP
OP
devwil68

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
Does anybody else think the proportions of the bed to the rear tire just looks a little off?

I would hope they are dang bear spot for n with the brute and the bruiser conversion trucks!

Sponsored

Mike1087

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does anybody else think the proportions of the bed to the rear tire just looks a little off?

I would hope they are dang bear spot for n with the brute and the bruiser conversion trucks!
I agree. Looks way off but judging by the 2nd photo the interior dash and vent looks like a jk. Hopefully it's not final!!

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Adding another shot I found. By the looks of the rocker and the bed these mules were seriously put through hell. Definitely a concern for those who plan to wheel them with that rear overhang. Good to see them testing but that damage is serious. The rear end looks pretty mangled in the attached image.

FB_IMG_1533954468199.jpg

Last edited:

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
In think some rear armor should come quick to the market. What's interesting is it still has the lower nonrubicon flares. I hope that they end up including the raised flares on the "off road" edition JT.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
They have to crush the mules when done so I guess they are really seeing what it can do.

This confirms that's a real JT chassis underneath the camo. And these have the Diesel engine so they must be putting it through its paces too. Why else beat them on the trail?

If you want great breakover or departure angles click over to the 2 door JL forum.

I'm fully expecting to partially solve the angles with taller tires. But if you really want to rock crawl you'll need full length belly pans...rocker sliders...wrap-around rear bumper with sliders...gas tank skid. AEV's Brute had tires, sliders, and rear bumpers.

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant

I agree that overhand looks a lot longer than other midsized trucks. Which is concerning.
The cabin room looks bigger than other midsized trucks though (which will be a big factor for the wife).
The other slightly concering thing I noticed, is that those rear wheel wells look smaller than I thought (JL). I hope I can stuff a 35" stock and 37 with 2" lift.
I also noticed that they swapped tires for this mule compared to the one posted earlier this month. I wonder if it's a totally separate mule, or if they just switched tires for this test. I'm leaning to a separate mule than the previous post as the tires look like they've been worn down quite a bit

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Adding another shot I found from Nemesis Industries on Facebook. By the looks of the rocker and the bed these mules were seriously put through hell. Definitely a concern for those who plan to wheel them with that rear overhang. Good to see them testing but that damage is serious. The rear end looks pretty mangled in the attached image.

FB_IMG_1533954468199.jpg
it's hard to tell how much is real damage vs the folds in the covering. I really hope it comes with factory rear bed sliders just like the normal rocker panel sliders.

Last edited:

FallenSamurai

First Name
Fallen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 XJ
The bumper does appear like it was caught on a rock.

Or someone tried to stop it by grabbing the bumper.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
The bumper does appear like it was caught on a rock.

Or someone tried to stop it by grabbing the bumper.
Could simply be the cladding drooping and falling off. I’m ok if the cladding isn’t “trail rated”.

OP
OP
devwil68

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
I agree. Looks way off but judging by the 2nd photo the interior dash and vent looks like a jk. Hopefully it's not final!!
I’m hoping it’s just the andre and the lens. I can’t imagine a designer letting that get out of production.
Sponsored