Sponsored

JT testing on the RUBICON

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Ok time for everyone with good eyes to start picking them apart I can see #1 far left has the same rims as #3 and to me it looks like there front fenders are wider then #2 it looks like #1 & #2 have hitches on the back I see something on #4 but can't till if it's a hitch or not it looks to me as if all 3 of them are hard tops just by looking at the back glass
#2 has some kinds of street tires and 1 and 3 are A/Ts
Sponsored

Zip6711

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
#2 has some kinds of street tires and 1 and 3 are A/Ts
That what I was seeing I'm guessing #2 is a base model and 1 & 3 are the upgraded package like a rubicon

OP
OP
devwil68

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
These pictures keep making the rear of the bed look WAY LONG!

I hope it’s just an illusion as I can’t imagine them putting such an overhand on it that would be any different than the Brute Double Cab.

I would anticipate them being Just about the same....

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
These pictures keep making the rear of the bed look WAY LONG!

I hope it’s just an illusion as I can’t imagine them putting such an overhand on it that would be any different than the Brute Double Cab.

I would anticipate them being Just about the same....
I agree that it appears that way but also think that the camo is exaggerating it. Additionally, the rear wheels are shifted a bit farther forward than on the Brute, leaving more room behind them. Further contributing to the appearance.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
#1 and #3 have rock sliders #2 does not.
#3 looks like it has slightly larger tires and more ground clearance. Their front fenders all look the same height though.
Oddly enough the bigger looking one (#3) definately bent the bumper.
There rear bed quarter panel seems oddly high on all of them. I wonder if it will have some sort of rear bumper skid system that wraps to the wheel well?

Sponsored

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
#1 and #3 have rock sliders #2 does not.
#3 looks like it has slightly larger tires and more ground clearance. Their front fenders all look the same height though.
Oddly enough the bigger looking one (#3) definately bent the bumper.
There rear bed quarter panel seems oddly high on all of them. I wonder if it will have some sort of rear bumper skid system that wraps to the wheel well?
I'm guessing its going to have some something similar to the Brute rear bumper based on the rear quarters being "trimmed up" or high. It will be interesting to see if there is indeed a base model what that rear bumper is going to look like. I can't imagine them using a plastic bumper on the quarters.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
it wouldnt surprise me if the bumper was plastic like all the other dual cab utes on the market because will just cash in on the after market themselves with mopar parts like they are with the jl

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the photo!

It's possible they trimmed the bed quarters in advance of testing knowing full well they'd catch on departure ledges. But that wouldn't be a real test.

Are the design guys thinking ahead and making this bed section a removable panel for those of us that plan to take it off road?

It's a not an uncommon tactic used by hard core off roaders on long tail vehicles to trim off the lower rear quarter even with the bottom of the chassis rail.

Similar to the unique Rubicon high clearance front fenders maybe this is one of the features in the JT's bag of off road tricks.

My bet is the base model gets the step bumper you see here with a plastic filler section and the Rubicon gets an AEV Brute type wrap-around steel bumper which would be nice.

whatevah

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whatevah.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Occupation
EMT
Thanks for the photo!

It's possible they trimmed the bed quarters in advance of testing knowing full well they'd catch on departure ledges. But that wouldn't be a real test.

Are the design guys thinking ahead and making this bed section a removable panel for those of us that plan to take it off road?

It's a not an uncommon tactic used by hard core off roaders on long tail vehicles to trim off the lower rear quarter even with the bottom of the chassis rail.

Similar to the unique Rubicon high clearance front fenders maybe this is one of the features in the JT's bag of off road tricks.

My bet is the base model gets the step bumper you see here with a plastic filler section and the Rubicon gets an AEV Brute type wrap-around steel bumper which would be nice.
The test rigs have had that high quarter cut for a long time now... Here's a shot from last year. (not mine, copied from the spy shot thread)
2019-jt-jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-9-jpg.jpg

I think they've all had the same plain rear bumper so far. I assume they'll use a plastic wraparound bumper styled like the Brute to fill the gap.

NUKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP KL
It was just the three of them.

Where they in a group with any other vehicles? Like a TRD Tacoma or ZR2? I'm curious if they are cross testing them with competitive pickups.
Here is another shot I took. You can see the first one a little better.

IMG_0398.jpg

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing its going to have some something similar to the Brute rear bumper based on the rear quarters being "trimmed up" or high. It will be interesting to see if there is indeed a base model what that rear bumper is going to look like. I can't imagine them using a plastic bumper on the quarters.
I think this is also why the rear bed looks so long as it obvious its missing the wrap around rear bumper.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
The CAD files show the bed sides up that high so I don't think they are cut or anything to that extent. That is how they will likely come from the factory so the aftermarket will have a field day with them. My guess is the factory will do something similar in the rear like the Africa Wrangler concept from a few years ago or what AEV did with the Brute (less the tube protection).

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Does anyone recall the period in between from when we saw the JL mules on the Rubicon to when they were rolling around with swirl camo on?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Does anyone recall the period in between from when we saw the JL mules on the Rubicon to when they were rolling around with swirl camo on?
2193nj.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
A lil Google recon tells me they were spied exactly a year ago testing on the Rubicon trail.
Sponsored