First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Looking at the first and second pictures. I think they may be two different mules. Possibly different engines or one Rubicon version? The tires are different and the camo wrap looks much dirtier and looser fitting around the bed on the first than the second one. The driver front door wrap has some sort of white pattern as well on the second one that's not on the first.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FallenSamurai

First Name
Fallen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 XJ
Well, one has a DOT number on the side and the other doesn't.

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
JK interior still.

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
I've gotta say those images are disheartening...especially the tub and rear overhang/departure.
That "appears" terrible, I would go so far to say if it came to market like that in Aust, it would probably rank worst in class for that spec....which would go 100% against the market they would be trying to attain here!

Sponsored

OP
OP
devwil68

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
This is not going to be a crawler in my opinion. That’s what the unlimited is for. This is a run around town do it all work truck in my opinion. But, has a little more off-road capability’s than most. It’s not desert runner or anything.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Exactly. More for overlanding and driving easy to moderate off road trails be it open desert or mountain passes. No need for an off road trailer as it can hold a lot of gear.

This is not a hard core rock crawler.

By the very nature of what it is, the JT is not meant to be excellent at any one thing but likely will be good at almost everything.

Accept it for what it is or you are probably not looking at the right vehicle for your needs.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Y
Exactly. More for overlanding and driving easy to moderate off road trails be it open desert or mountain passes. No need for an off road trailer as it can hold a lot of gear.

This is not a hard core rock crawler.

By the very nature of what it is, the JT is not meant to be excellent at any one thing but likely will be good at almost everything.

Accept it for what it is or you are probably not looking at the right vehicle for your needs.
Yep this is more for the Overland market. Hell most of us on this forum are looking for something for Overlanding and not rock crawling. If I wanted a crawler I would be looking at 2 door JLs. Even the 4 door Unlimited is a little too large.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Y

Yep this is more for the Overland market. Hell most of us on this forum are looking for something for Overlanding and not rock crawling. If I wanted a crawler I would be looking at 2 door JLs. Even the 4 door Unlimited is a little too large.
So true.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I took this picture of the trucks just coming off of the Rubicon Trail. This was in Tahoe City on Aug 8th.

IMG_0399.jpg
I just love that military look they give of already. I believe this is the first time I've seen a photo of three of them together also

Zip6711

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Ok time for everyone with good eyes to start picking them apart I can see #1 far left has the same rims as #3 and to me it looks like there front fenders are wider then #2 it looks like #1 & #2 have hitches on the back I see something on #4 but can't till if it's a hitch or not it looks to me as if all 3 of them are hard tops just by looking at the back glass

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I took this picture of the trucks just coming off of the Rubicon Trail. This was in Tahoe City on Aug 8th.

IMG_0399.jpg
Where they in a group with any other vehicles? Like a TRD Tacoma or ZR2? I'm curious if they are cross testing them with competitive pickups.
Sponsored