Sponsored

Questions / requests for LA Auto Show reveal?

WareAmI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Chevelle, 2015 Yamaha R6
My personal advice is to absolutely AVOID the official italian distribution network.
We have some importers here, which buys the cars directly from USA and sell them in Italy, that are not under the horrible management of the official dealers. (If it is allowed, I'll paste here a link)

If you haven't some particular needs, like for example financing or including some insurances in the financing, go with an unofficial importer.

If you are buying a gas JL or JT i guess you are already informed about how much we have to pay the gas here in Italy.... :mad:
(currently about 1.7 € per liter, which is about 7.5 USD per gallon)
Probably the best choice for Italy is the diesel, unless you can afford the gas
I was there a year ago and we get special gas ration coupons that take the price down to about $3.50 a gallon. As for the import of the Jeep, I will be getting it sent from the factory straight to the base. I won’t have to deal with FCA Italy at all. As far as financing I’m doing through USAA. They have a real low rate for me.
Sponsored

happyjeep

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Comanche MJ and 1998 TJ Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Questions regarding the JT Gladiator:

1. Pricing?
2. Options for model lineup for Sport/Overland or Sahara/Rubicon? Will they be at a reasonable price?
3. Will there be a bed extender bar, since it’s a 5 foot bed? Is that optional or standard?
4. Options for Air Condition on model lineup?
5. Color option the same as JL or different?
6. Is this model offers only 4wd or is there a 2wd involve? I prefer 4x4 only offer. My 86 Jeep Comanche is a 2wd and a good story to tell of its flop.

I hope the Gladiator will be a success model and not another flop that happened to the CJ-8 Scrambler and the MJ Comanche.

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Factory brake controller?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If I recall we did not get any pricing info at the JL reveal. I also recall ordering banks being open for some time before we got any prices.

Do I recall this correctly? Any reason to believe the JT won't unfold the same way?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If I recall we did not get any pricing info at the JL reveal. I also recall ordering banks being open for some time before we got any prices.

Do I recall this correctly? Any reason to believe the JT won't unfold the same way?
Both of those sound correct to me. I even think order banks were open before the reveal? I remember being shocked that people had orders placed before they knew what they were buying or the price. As excited as I am I want to ensure I get all of the options I want correct.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
How is this known about the crew cab only?
Because the rest of us don't live in your reality distortion field. If there were going to be an extended or 2-door version, we'd have seen at least one mule, heard one rumor, or gotten a glimmer of detail when the CAD files, marketing materials, or anything else was leaked.

Don't worry though, I'm sure if you keep mentioning it on every single thread that comes up, FCA will get right on it and build one, in spite of the fact that the market for mid-sized lifestyle trucks doesn't really include anything other than crew cabs today.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
I hope the Gladiator will be a success model and not another flop that happened to the CJ-8 Scrambler and the MJ Comanche.
& the cj 10

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. I didn’t know it be like that. I can’t go order something if I don’t know what it will cost.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. I didn’t know it be like that. I can’t go order something if I don’t know what it will cost.
Don't worry the reveal is just the first step. Once you are past that everything moves faster. I don't think it was months before pricing followed, more like a week or two. I think @JAY even hooked us up with a beta build and price tool a day before it was on Jeep.com

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Yep that 100% correct.

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Don't worry the reveal is just the first step. Once you are past that everything moves faster. I don't think it was months before pricing followed, more like a week or two. I think @JAY even hooked us up with a beta build and price tool a day before it was on Jeep.com
Okay thanks. another week or two isn’t bad. Hopefully it’s like that. I just want to build it on a paper and get number. Then I can either get real excited or real depressed.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay thanks. another week or two isn’t bad. Hopefully it’s like that. I just want to build it on a paper and get number. Then I can either get real excited or real depressed.
And while you are waiting there will be all kinds of people on here posting pics and BSing about their trip to the LA Auto show, plus we will be analyzing so many videos and every word Mike Manley said at the press conference that you will be so busy you will forget we don't have the pricing yet.

Besides we are basing this on the JL reveal only. Maybe that was the exception and there will be pricing tomorrow.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I believe pricing was released after the media embargo was lifted so somewhere at the end of December 2017 if memory serves me. But as Homerun stated, after the reveal we will really start seeing things begin to move quickly. December is going to be an exciting month for us all!

Last edited:

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s weird but the Jeep Canada website shows the reveal about 5 1/2 hours later than on the Jeep US site. I wonder why ?

72379997-FA30-4E2B-BC0D-F951F75ABA0E.png

0EED221D-596A-4488-998B-99CBD8B57A94.png