Sponsored

Questions / requests for LA Auto Show reveal?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Again, I ask why do all the other major mid-size manufacturers - Toyota, Chevy, GMC, Nissan - offer differing cab variations. And now Ford with the 2019 Ranger.
They are making their trucks for mass appeal, Jeep is making this as a lifestyle vehicle. Note how in the launch it never mentions home depot, or construction, or any business-type activities. It shows dirt bikes, kayaks, camping etc.

What you hoping for is what the new Dakota is going to be built for.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Talked to the Comm director and Chief Engineer, have about 10 mins of audio so it will take some time to get it all transcribed. We'll have it up sometime tonight.

Keep in mind a lot of the questions did get answered by the press release and specifications sheet.

(P.S. Don't hold your breath on the questions about future products/features - 2 doors, special editions, etc. They would not comment)

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to the Comm director and Chief Engineer, have about 10 mins of audio so it will take some time to get it all transcribed. We'll have it up sometime tonight.

(Don't hold your breath on the questions about future products/features - 2 doors, special editions, etc. They would not comment)
@JAY is the truck in fact a 2020 MY? and if so will the diesel be out in fall or really have to wait until 2020?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
@JAY is the truck in fact a 2020 MY? and if so will the diesel be out in fall or really have to wait until 2020?
Yes the truck is a 2020MY. Bad news is we'll have to wait until the 2020 calendar year for the diesel JT - they confirmed this to me.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the truck is a 2020MY. Bad news is we'll have to wait until the 2020 calendar year for the diesel JT - they confirmed this to me.
Sorry to be a pain but calendar year meaning Jan 2020 or beyond or production calendar year which is usually in Sept/Oct/Nov of the prior year? I'm guessing you mean the first but just wanted to be 100%

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Sorry to be a pain but calendar year meaning Jan 2020 or beyond or production calendar year which is usually in Sept/Oct/Nov of the prior year? I'm guessing you mean the first but just wanted to be 100%
January 2020 and beyond unfortunately.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Crap.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Any plans on a snow-plow set-up for the JT?

Will the Overland only have the Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking. Would it be available on the Sport, Sport S, or Rubicon? (This will be used as a selling point as a 3rd car that my kids can drive).

It would be nice to have a diesel given the torque and gas mileage, but presumably no 6sp manual would be available with the diesel. Not that I need adaptive cruise control, but i am not sure how that would work with a manual anyway.
Per the technical sheet the safety package and advance safety package are available across all trims. Lots of info there including rear leg room, class best 38.3" and the rear seat folds down and up creating a nearly flat floor once the storage box is removed. Very clever that they included handles on it
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ecifications-sheet-feature-availability.8468/

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Are there any soft tops there that you can fully retract and get some pics of? I'm also curious about how easy/hard removing the rear window section is on the soft tops.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
They are all plastic like on the JL
Chief engineer on the JL commented in a video that the clips are intentionally plastic to break before denting or tearing the fender if hitting something off-road. They felt it would be easier to replace a few one cheap brackets than an entire fender

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
22 gallon tank... Ugh.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Any clue about how late "late availability" is for Gobi or Sting Grey?

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
2025 would be late