Sponsored

Questions / requests for LA Auto Show reveal?

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
I was there a year ago and we get special gas ration coupons that take the price down to about $3.50 a gallon. As for the import of the Jeep, I will be getting it sent from the factory straight to the base. I won’t have to deal with FCA Italy at all. As far as financing I’m doing through USAA. They have a real low rate for me.
I’m stationed in Ederle now. The gas rations are up to $1.12 a liter, or about $4.24 a gallon. I’ve had to get the Military Auto Source guys spun up on the Gladiator, because they weren’t tracking at all. I’ll be ordering from them as soon as order banks open for a state side delivery.
Sponsored

WareAmI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Chevelle, 2015 Yamaha R6
I’m stationed in Ederle now. The gas rations are up to $1.12 a liter, or about $4.24 a gallon. I’ve had to get the Military Auto Source guys spun up on the Gladiator, because they weren’t tracking at all. I’ll be ordering from them as soon as order banks open for a state side delivery.
I’m going back to Aviano, the MAS guy I’m ordering through was tracking the JL and is waiting for the order banks to open for the JT. He said he would send me info on the JT when he gets it.

P30 Pierre

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012-WK2 5.7 , 2011-Ram 1500 5.7
Occupation
Audio Engeneer / Search&Rescue
Would love to know more about the Rear Window ,,, looks like one piece with a cut out for the "slidy bit" ,,, is it one part or more like the Ram's 3 parts ? and does the window open manually (looks like a manual latch inside to me ) or on a switch like the Ram ?

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 13.08.10.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 13.07.52.png

TommyBoy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patiently waiting
Occupation
Accessory shop owner
I’ve been waiting for this now for three + years like all of us and I can’t get out of an obligation at live reveal time!!! Will everything be available again afterwards to watch and “pretend” it is live? Not the way I wanted to begin my purchase

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
"They talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed"

just come back here later.....

CPT Kegs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 (soon to be Jeep JT)
What color options will be available?

I'm hoping they bring back "Tank" or at least somewhat of a military color pallet in a dark green and/or tan.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
@JAY just realized that they keep mentioning "on road comfort" in the press releases. Can you ask them what was done to increase on the on road comfort over the JL? Is it just the Ram inspired rear suspension and longer wheel base? or did they make adjustments to the steering system as well? As the Wrangler is notorious for loose steering which would not be ideal for towing.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I have a question- sorry if it’s been covered, but the fender flares are a lot different then the old JK - is the body-paint-match part metal w/ a skinny rubber black flare? Or is the whole fender a 2-piece plastic deal?

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question- sorry if it’s been covered, but the fender flares are a lot different then the old JK - is the body-paint-match part metal w/ a skinny rubber black flare? Or is the whole fender a 2-piece plastic deal?
They are all plastic like on the JL

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Since it appears the hard top will have Freedom Panels, it would be nice to know if there is any special provision for storing them other than just tossing them in the bed or back seat area. I'll most likely remove the rear seats anyway as I did in my JKUR. One nice feature about my Scrambler is that the entire top can be placed in the bed. I did so numerous times on long trips from Moab to California's beaches. Thanks!

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Because the rest of us don't live in your reality distortion field. If there were going to be an extended or 2-door version, we'd have seen at least one mule, heard one rumor, or gotten a glimmer of detail when the CAD files, marketing materials, or anything else was leaked.

Don't worry though, I'm sure if you keep mentioning it on every single thread that comes up, FCA will get right on it and build one, in spite of the fact that the market for mid-sized lifestyle trucks doesn't really include anything other than crew cabs today.
WOW! Snarky! Again, I ask why do all the other major mid-size manufacturers - Toyota, Chevy, GMC, Nissan - offer differing cab variations. And now Ford with the 2019 Ranger.

And in the future leave the snarkiness out - it's not helpful

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
WOW! Snarky! Again, I ask why do all the other major mid-size manufacturers - Toyota, Chevy, GMC, Nissan - offer differing cab variations. And now Ford with the 2019 Ranger.

And in the future leave the snarkiness out - it's not helpful
Ill wait till the Q and A session is over before I count out a 2 door in the near feature.
Sponsored