Sponsored

AEV turn key gladiator?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I know the ends are interchangeable but look how the bull bar is mounted. The current design would look terrible without one.
I bet you it wouldn't as much as you think. They probably have some type of caps that go on there to make it look more flowing.

AEV hands down puts the most engineering and thought into their products compared to the rest of the market. Its why they are expensive but also why their stuff is worth the money.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Plywood reference for the win!
Its funny, but true. all of the grand caravan middle and rear seats fold flat into the floor, and you can fit a stack of 4x8 inbetween the rear side plastic.

This looks pretty sweet. I'll watch that video too. It would be a bumper....i mean bummer if the bumper covers the camera, even if you can take the bull bar off.

By the way, what's the bull bar's purpose?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
To get bulls drunk!

Protection
to just protect the grill from getting whacked by branches and stuff? or stupid suv that runs a red light when i T-Bone them?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I like the fact that the light bar is protected. It will still look great with or without the light bar.

It looks like the bull bar is a bolt on but without it the bumper still has the humps. That may look off but may help in protecting the winch.

Also looks like the full bumper can convert into a stubby with just a few bolt on parts. If they make it in aluminum It will be right up there on my list.

Is a light bar there to get the lights drunk? That may be ok on the weekdays but on the weekend that won't fly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
to just protect the grill from getting whacked by branches and stuff? or stupid suv that runs a red light when i T-Bone them?
Protects your radiator.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Ahh, you think that's what you want, but on a pickup you actually want the step to be off to the side - that way you can use it with the tailgate down!
Oh yes I know that. That’s a given. In looking at the rear quarter section I trust that everyone has seen where the rear quarter rock rails bolt into place on the Rubicon versions. Am certain that many aftermarket companies will use those same bolt places to bolt on rear bumper side steps to. Perfect use of those unused bolt holes.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
AEV did mention all of these bumpers will be with equipped with grill guard but I asked them in regards to the camera and they did advise as soon as they can get a hold of one they will make the changes necessary to make it comparable.

My guess is the camera is going to get relocated into the bumper.

And if you’ve ever owned AEV products you’ll understand why they cost more. The quality and engineering is worth every cent. I’ll be running their entire line up on my Gladiator.

The problem with this Bumper its going to block our front Cameras ! Not on my JLU...
jl-jeep-wrangler-aev-sema-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I have a feeling the Trail Camera will make its way to the 2020 JL, and AEV has already commented that they will need to research options when they get a Gladiator.

They might relocate the camera, change the hoop, or come up with something no one has thought of.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
7FCA04ED-CBCA-47E7-855B-6B8DF48FB0B5.jpeg
Oh yes I know that. That’s a given. In looking at the rear quarter section I trust that everyone has seen where the rear quarter rock rails bolt into place on the Rubicon versions. Am certain that many aftermarket companies will use those same bolt places to bolt on rear bumper side steps to. Perfect use of those unused bolt holes.
Further to my above post I found a good picture of the rear rock rails showing the bolts that are used to mount them to a Gladiator. As mentioned I believe most aftermarket companies will use these same bolt points to attach a rear bumper step in the same place. Piece of cake easy.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
7FCA04ED-CBCA-47E7-855B-6B8DF48FB0B5.jpeg

Further to my above post I found a good picture of the rear rock rails showing the bolts that are used to mount them to a Gladiator. As mentioned I believe most aftermarket companies will use these same bolt points to attach a rear bumper step in the same place. Piece of cake easy.
I believe Mopar has a listing for a bed step but there's no information yet

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
And on JT at the Toronto show a sign there showed that one of the trucks had that step on it and JTRUBI reported that none of the trucks had that step on it. Unbelievable really.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV did mention all of these bumpers will be with equipped with grill guard but I asked them in regards to the camera and they did advise as soon as they can get a hold of one they will make the changes necessary to make it comparable.

My guess is the camera is going to get relocated into the bumper.

And if you’ve ever owned AEV products you’ll understand why they cost more. The quality and engineering is worth every cent. I’ll be running their entire line up on my Gladiator.
Perhaps I'll have to eat my words when I said earlier there's no way AEV makes the best of everything You guys seem to really like their stuff.

Isn't Chevy coming out with a tricked out AEV Colorado? Gotta research this now.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Perhaps I'll have to eat my words when I said earlier there's no way AEV makes the best of everything You guys seem to really like their stuff.

Isn't Chevy coming out with a tricked out AEV Colorado? Gotta research this now.
It's out, called the Bison.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It's out, called the Bison.
It’s also completely sold out for 2019 so you can’t order anymore. But they do have stock sitting on some dealer lots.
Sponsored