Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Let's consider a RIPP supercharger.

If handled correctly, it won't void warranty, and it doesn't have any negative side effects on the V6 engine and components. In fact, baseline you'll see 1.5MPG avg increase, up to a max of 8MPG increase, depending on driving patterns. Of course there is also an increase of 200+horsepower, and 150ftlb of torque. They run around 5k for other vehicles but could be higher as they're not yet available for JT.

I bet I could make some of that money back on the drag strip against some raptor or charger owners.

What do you guys think? To me, right now, it's a no-brainer.
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'll be looking at a roots style supercharger, but in California it is just a better option than going diesel. Plus when me and wife go off-road I only need to bring one type of fuel for both vehicles.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Not even available for JL yet. I hear vendors are having a difficult time breaking ECU encryption

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Let's consider a RIPP supercharger.

If handled correctly, it won't void warranty, and it doesn't have any negative side effects on the V6 engine and components. In fact, baseline you'll see 1.5MPG avg increase, up to a max of 8MPG increase, depending on driving patterns. Of course there is also an increase of 200+horsepower, and 150ftlb of torque. They run around 5k for other vehicles but could be higher as they're not yet available for JT.

I bet I could make some of that money back on the drag strip against some raptor or charger owners.

What do you guys think? To me, right now, it's a no-brainer.
If you install a supercharger your warranty is gone.

The gains are impressive but at high RPMs. For a jeep you want the power at the low end. This is why a V8 or Diesel is beneficial. Not many people want to race around in a Jeep.

The RIPP super chargers are much more expensive for jeep products. For the JL it is nearly $8,000...

For this price, you can get the 3.6 Prodigy turbo which, if you are looking for speed, will destroy the supercharger.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
What’s that old saying about “If it sounds too good to be true...”

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
If you install a supercharger your warranty is gone.

The gains are impressive but at high RPMs. For a jeep you want the power at the low end. This is why a V8 or Diesel is beneficial. Not many people want to race around in a Jeep.

The RIPP super chargers are much more expensive for jeep products. For the JL it is nearly $8,000...

For this price, you can get the 3.6 Prodigy turbo which, if you are looking for speed, will destroy the supercharger.
MMMM prodigy turbo..... was thinking about that for my JK, but along came JT

OP
OP
Blisskiss

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Keep this going. Teach me

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I always wanted a v8 but there's nothing out there that's a pickup with v8 manual. The Gladiator v8 swap sounds interesting. Will I still keep manual transmission and all the techy stuff?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I always wanted a v8 but there's nothing out there that's a pickup with v8 manual. The Gladiator v8 swap sounds interesting. Will I still keep manual transmission and all the techy stuff?
The V8 swap when all said and done runs $20K minimum. This is the limiting factor for most people. I thought about it in one of my JKs but couldn't justify a 20K hit just for fun.

OP
OP
Blisskiss

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I would suggest researching this deeper. I have, and decided to go with the automatic. I was really wanting the manual, but it's not going to hold up with high amounts of torque, or be the best for offroading.

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase