Bestop Gladiator Products

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I know but it January? Wisconsin is cold man. Maybe if it was a power window.
Buffering was only when freedom panels were removed right? Why would you remove the freedom panels in the winter?
Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Man, now i'll have to re-think if i want a colored hard top or the black hard top. That JL buffeting hard top thing has me annoyed. Maybe the sunrider for hard top would fix it, lol but then again i could just get a complete soft top. lmao.
I read through the JL forum thread on that and it seems like it's an issue that dealers will fix.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Buffering was only when freedom panels were removed right? Why would you remove the freedom panels in the winter?
No, the buffeting is happening with the freedom panels on and the windows all closed. I think the explanation is bad seals on the freedom panels themselves.
Here is a post where someone just added some insulation around the panels to create a better seal:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hard-top-wind-noise.3477/page-58#post-463337

steffen707 posted this here:
Test Drove a 2.0L Hard Top Rubicon JL today

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
@BestopTeam I had a product idea. Someone may have proposed this already but the one thing I don’t like about the Gladiator’s soft top is that it sits up high on the roof. I know the logic of not letting it sit down along the top of the bed but I’d like to see a top that has three stops. One would be the sun rider position. The second would be the back top of the roof. the third would let the top settle fully down to the top of the cargo bed.

You can’t really do an NX top for this one but that’s a product differentiator to try for IMO.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
What about the tonneau cover over the bed. How weather resistant is it designed to be. And since I ordered the LE I will be in need of a Premium Soft top. How soon do you anticipate that they will come to market?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@BestopTeam I had a product idea. Someone may have proposed this already but the one thing I don’t like about the Gladiator’s soft top is that it sits up high on the roof. I know the logic of not letting it sit down along the top of the bed but I’d like to see a top that has three stops. One would be the sun rider position. The second would be the back top of the roof. the third would let the top settle fully down to the top of the cargo bed.

You can’t really do an NX top for this one but that’s a product differentiator to try for IMO.
AN AMAZING IDEA SERGEANT!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all,

Thanks for the top idea Sgt, I will pass it along to our team :)

No timing on NEW products yet... However some of our JL products will work with the Gladiator, as i mentioned before.

Keep us updated on the arrival of your Gladiator Sgt, if yours arrives before our we might need to borrow it:CWL: Don't worry, we send it back with a few upgrades when we do ;)

CassieAtBestop

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Still wondering how well the roll up tonneau cover keeps water out of the bed.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
8014779E-D55E-420B-9F83-342D2C711DDC.png
For everyone’s info it looks like EVO put a Bestop Sunrider on their Gladiator. Looks great.

Hey Cassie from Bestop this is your Sunrider, right?

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
8014779E-D55E-420B-9F83-342D2C711DDC.png
For everyone’s info it looks like EVO put a Bestop Sunrider on their Gladiator. Looks great.

Hey Cassie from Bestop this is your Sunrider, right?
BESTOP..... can you verify that you make the soft rollup tonneau cover ? I saw it at EJS.....since it doesnt tuck in or fasten on the sides, how water/rain proof is it?
Sponsored