First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
Running a Sport S w/hard top. So I would need to purchase door surrounds?
For 52615-35, yes. For 52614-35, no. The one that needs the door surrounds though will create a seal and not let any water in between the doors and the roll cage of the truck. It looks like people with hard tops will have to wait if we want a cheaper option that will keep out water and be easy to take off.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I see this as a step in the right direction!
Cool product that will hopefully be a precursor to an after market soft top.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Looks like this will be on my wish list for next year. Hey Bestop if you need any product testers, I'll be more than happy to help. =P

Sponsored

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
gonna need some real detailed pics on these. this Mopar bikini flaps like crazy

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I had the Bestop Bikini on my Defender about 20 years ago. it used the door surrounds and on dry winter days, it was amazing. With a proper coat, it was amazingly comfortable.
I’m glad Bestop is making this for the Gladiator.
Not to change the subject but, a while back there was discussion on making the soft top actually fold down.

looking at my soft top JL, it looks like the aft bracket is the only thing preventing the man bun top from folding down. Having a JL/JLU style bracket looks like it could be an amazingly easy mod.

Is Bestop looking at anything like this?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I had the Bestop Bikini on my Defender about 20 years ago. it used the door surrounds and on dry winter days, it was amazing. With a proper coat, it was amazingly comfortable.
I’m glad Bestop is making this for the Gladiator.
Not to change the subject but, a while back there was discussion on making the soft top actually fold down.

looking at my soft top JL, it looks like the aft bracket is the only thing preventing the man bun top from folding down. Having a JL/JLU style bracket looks like it could be an amazingly easy mod.

Is Bestop looking at anything like this?
I'm not completely aware of what they're working on in the product dev team but we've heard loud and clear that there are some wants out there for an aftermarket Gladiator top that folds down.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Thanks Lee,

You guys are great.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t offering an aft attach bracket like the JL/JLU style allow the current top to retract down? I can’t see anything preventing this. You manufacture the currentJL brackets. Right?

I believe there might be a significant market for existing soft top owners. Less significant because so few were sold after it was revealed that this top won’t go down in it’s current configuration.

As a sidenote, it seems telling to me that no where on the Jeep Gladiator website is there mention or even any photographs indicating that this top won’t go down. It almost seems as if they are embarrassed by it. You would think that at least the gallery might show a picture.

If a completely new top is required, well, count me in for one of those as well.

Thanks for listening

Lance

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thanks Lee,

You guys are great.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t offering an aft attach bracket like the JL/JLU style allow the current top to retract down? I can’t see anything preventing this. You manufacture the currentJL brackets. Right?

I believe there might be a significant market for existing soft top owners. Less significant because so few were sold after it was revealed that this top won’t go down in it’s current configuration.

As a sidenote, it seems telling to me that no where on the Jeep Gladiator website is there mention or even any photographs indicating that this top won’t go down. It almost seems as if they are embarrassed by it. You would think that at least the gallery might show a picture.

If a completely new top is required, well, count me in for one of those as well.

Thanks for listening

Lance
Hey @DesertDog
I sent you a PM so we can leave this thread for the Gladiator Bikinis :like:

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

CinciAv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2004 Rubicon, 1972 CJ6
What about a WINDJAMMER for the JT? Seems like the JLU one would be a good start and on my JLU helped keep the backseat passengers somewhat dry.

I know the tj bimini tops can work with or without the door surrounds. Do the same on the windjammer.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I have a full set of door surrounds and cab piece for sale for anyone looking at the bikini top that requires them.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
any reviews, install videos, or product use photos out for this yet? I am interested but not really enough out there on these to pull the trigger.

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on board for a WINDJAMMER as well (cable style) -- if ordering a vinyl/sailcloth soft top (without the premium sunrider upgrade for $595) will get me the door surrounds/etc needed for the cable-style Bestop + a Windjammer = perfection